Just checking over the offical page and from what I remember the price range was around 1000 $ a week ago, and now its up to 1.649$

link

The ability to view diffrent color choices has also been removed and only the albino white with gold hardware is visible atm.

Comments :S ?
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Thats MSRP, or list price. Nobody ever pays that. Most places have it around a grand.
Gibson.
It cost $1319 on MF now. It was $1200 before.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by ThrashIsGreat
Thats MSRP, or list price. Nobody ever pays that. Most places have it around a grand.

It might effect future prices when stores re-stock. Not very happy about this, since the studio will fall into the same price range as the x-plorer (European market)
Quote by Demonazzz
Quote by FloyDZeD
It cost $1319 on MF now. It was $1200 before.

^That.

Almost all manufacturers are bringing up their prices. But Gibson is, as always, the frontrunner.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by dannyisokay
^That.

Almost all manufacturers are bringing up their prices. But Gibson is, as always, the frontrunner.

Not really. Gibson dropped the price of some of their LP Standards by a good amount a little while ago, whereas Ibanez raised the price of the RG1570 by over a hundred dollars. Gibson has actually been lagging in raising their prices.
Quote by T!AN
Not really. Gibson dropped the price of some of their LP Standards by a good amount a little while ago, whereas Ibanez raised the price of the RG1570 by over a hundred dollars. Gibson has actually been lagging in raising their prices.

As if the guitars aren't expensive enough.
Quote by Demonazzz
^ Never said Gibsons weren't overpriced, but they haven't been raising their prices as aggressively as some other companies.
Quote by T!AN
^ Never said Gibsons weren't overpriced, but they haven't been raising their prices as aggressively as some other companies.

True

Im confused, one would think that with more guitars on the market the prices would drop, yet they just keep going up.
Quote by Demonazzz
Quote by T!AN

I don't really agree on the lagging thing, but yeah, the Standard went down, but not everything else. Studios jumped up like $150, I think the Vintage Mahogany went up, too. SG prices have skyrocketed. The '61 reissue was around $1800, now it's closer to $2200. SG standards also went way up.

Fender has stayed relatively solid, but their amps have gotten more expensive.

ESP's Ltds are also pricier. I could go on. I compared my December '07, April '08, and July '08 MF catalogs. The list prices went up, so it's not just MF charging more.
_______
|||||||||||||||
I think it's cause AwesomePossum5 bought one and they are trying to prevent him from buying another!

I kid, I kid.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah, I got my black LP Studio for $1000 like 3 or 4 years ago. Than I stopped playing for a while until a couple months ago, and I noticed they're now $1319 for the same guitar.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Daily sponsoring of articles in most famous guitar website isn't cheap.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
When Gibson raises prices as well the others do so do the used gear become more valuable on the market?
I would have to say alot more kids are picking up guitars these days begause of Guitar Hero. And most of them are buying from Ibanez (affordable guitars n00bs can "shred" on) and so Ibanez says... "Hey, why don't we raise the prices since these kids won't know the difference"

Most kids aren't buying Gibsons these days, so their prices are pretty much staying the same. There's not many kids out there who aren't looking forward to being a SHREDDER!!!!
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Could be that Gibson is having to pay more money for Mahogany and thus we have to pay more for the guitars... isn't Mahogany slowly growing endangered?