I searched a few different keywords but nothing came up for a thread like this.

I been listening to Down now for the past couple of months and now I can't get enough of them. They are just so real. Nothing to flashy, just really heavy, bluesy, slow metal. If anyone else shares this obsession with me, post your comments here.

PS, I heard that they are starting work on their fourth album. Anyone hear any other news yet about it?
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Last edited by Flying Afros at Jul 12, 2008,
I think they're horrible
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Thanks for your worthless comment.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

Bury Me In Smoke
Hey Captain Butthurt, go look under the Bands and Artists link and read what it says.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Meh sludge metal.

Phil's vocals have gotten worse, as well. How can the guy who recorded Cemetary Gates and did vocals for Morbid Angel (for a few songs on a couple shows) bubble into mediocrity? Vocal wise, that is.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
At least 3 threads for this band, a stoner metal thread, and a sludge metal thread, are all present on this very forum.

As stated, use search function.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
i loved phil in pantera, but his vocals on down are either missing the emotion he put into his vocals for pantera or he just cant sing as well anymore.
Second part.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by dead-fish
At least 3 threads for this band, a stoner metal thread, and a sludge metal thread, are all present on this very forum.

As stated, use search function.

Like I said in my first post, I used the search function, and no thread ONLY about Down came up.
Quote by rancidryan

Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Meh sludge metal.

Phil's vocals have gotten worse, as well. How can the guy who recorded Cemetary Gates and did vocals for Morbid Angel (for a few songs on a couple shows) bubble into mediocrity? Vocal wise, that is.

Really? I had no idea Phil Anselmo did vocals for Morbid Angel. Do you know if he tried to do harsher vocals for the shows with them?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Really? I had no idea Phil Anselmo did vocals for Morbid Angel. Do you know if he tried to do harsher vocals for the shows with them?

Yeah, for a few shows he was invited.

He did some mean growls. It's posted somewhere online...

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Flying Afros
Like I said in my first post, I used the search function, and no thread ONLY about Down came up.

So? Not every semi/barely popular band needs an only thread. If a band already has a decently large and active thread (and Down does, as I've linked you), then there is no point in creating another.