well, my friend's looking for an explorer style guitar (major james hetfield fanboy, even has the moustache lol) and was looking at the epiphone explorer, the kramer imperial & the dean z. which do you guys think would be best suited to playing metallica-esc stuff? btw he uses a spider 3. thanks
Oh god. Hetfield fanboy WITH a moustache!

The Epiphone one is the best out of those, but check out the Hamer ones, they're great.

The Kramer ones are crap, the Deans are overpriced and the ESP don't make the body shape anymore.
You can still get the ESP's though, and you just can't order them if your in the states. If you do it right it can be done though, alot of people do it. Just gotta spend the $$$.
i've had my hamer for a year now and it hasnt given one problem
it gives a REAT sound evrytime..ans i can use it for pretty much any genre
and the price wasnt so bad..$476
Quote by Beefy128
i've had my hamer for a year now and it hasnt given one problem
it gives a GREAT sound evrytime..and i can use it for pretty much any genre
and the price wasnt so bad..$476

fixed
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I bought an ESP, ridiculously amazing, But if your not into playing a ridiculously amazing guitar, then i would say go with the Epiphone, over the others you listed.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
my first choice would be the jackson kelly ke-3, but then im biased. i`d say get the hamer i`ve played one and it was great. plus hamer has been building the explorer shape since the seventies. mabey even earlier than that. idk about epiphone, or esp.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by AtThisVelocity
I bought an ESP, ridiculously amazing, But if your not into playing a ridiculously amazing guitar, then i would say go with the Epiphone, over the others you listed.

If you're playing one of those newer ESP/LTD pointy, ugly things, then I will have to go against this statement.

If you have an old school Lawsuit style one, then RIGHT ON!

TS, get your friend to check out the '84 Gibson Explorer reissue. It's pretty much a James Hetfield signature guitar.

Well, I guess it is.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If you're playing one of those newer ESP/LTD pointy, ugly things, then I will have to go against this statement.

If you have an old school Lawsuit style one, then RIGHT ON!

If your talking pointy like a flying V or like a B.C. Sh*t, then no, no pointy. Look it up, ESP LTD MH400-NT looks like a schecter.
Quote by pmeg568c

Quote by visa
Quote by AtThisVelocity
If your talking pointy like a flying V or like a B.C. Sh*t, then no, no pointy. Look it up, ESP LTD MH400-NT looks like a schecter.

I thought you had an Explorer.

I mean, you're posting in a thread about Explorers. The ESP/LTD EX series don't really play like the MH you know?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I thought you had an Explorer.

I mean, you're posting in a thread about Explorers. The ESP/LTD EX series don't really play like the MH you know?

Yeah, i know, why would they, i was just telling him to go with an LTD, because his friends a Hetfield fan and thats what they used. So to reassure him it's a good guitar, i told him that i experienced good from it with my LTD, I never made a connection. Now either help the guy out, or stop trying to make people look like they dont know what they are talking about.
Quote by pmeg568c

Quote by visa
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Yeah, i know, why would they, i was just telling him to go with an LTD, because his friends a Hetfield fan and thats what they used. So to reassure him it's a good guitar, i told him that i experienced good from it with my LTD, I never made a connection. Now either help the guy out, or stop trying to make people look like they dont know what they are talking about.

Well throwing out a statement like 'ESP is awesumz, they blow Epis out of the water' would lead me to think that you were heavily biased on the brand so I decided to rebuke you. I would think you had an EX because the TS's friend is looking for one and you're posting in a thread about Explorers.

You'd do the same if some guy said 'Marshall is awesome, you can play anything else, but they'll be mediocre' and ended up playing through an MG.

How do you know the EX is a good guitar? You don't own one. You're just assuming. I'm not flaming you or anything, but if you're going to recommend something, at least have some experience with it.
ex400 in black is a sweet guitar. also on here under reviews it rates high
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well throwing out a statement like 'ESP is awesumz, they blow Epis out of the water' would lead me to think that you were heavily biased on the brand so I decided to rebuke you. I would think you had an EX because the TS's friend is looking for one and you're posting in a thread about Explorers.

You'd do the same if some guy said 'Marshall is awesome, you can play anything else, but they'll be mediocre' and ended up playing through an MG.

How do you know the EX is a good guitar? You don't own one. You're just assuming. I'm not flaming you or anything, but if you're going to recommend something, at least have some experience with it.

Yeah, i am kind of biased on the ESP, considering i do own one, and considering he was looking for EVERYONES opinion i gave mine, and you could have done the same by giving yours, not knocking me because of mine. Also, when i bought my ESP, i played the field a bit and picked up the EX, but i wasnt looking for that style of body, so i went for the MH. Just cause i dont own one, doesnt mean i never played it. I live by both SamAsh and Guitar Center and try guitars out all the time. People post in threads about what they think is a good area to look into all the time. doesnt mean i want the kid to go out and buy the same one i have, I was just saying if he wants to be all hetfield-ish, take a look at some LTD's i have nothing against epiphones, the $99 dollar one i got free with my amp was actually pretty amazing considering it was a free guitar. What the f*ck else could you possibly pick at now. No one even cares anymore and the kid's friend has probably made up his mind before.
Quote by pmeg568c

Quote by visa