I am looking for a pedal to boost my guitar for solos. Do you know of any good ones under about £50 ($100ish) , preferably more like £30 ($60ish)?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

my friend uses a marshall jackhammer pedal but im sure any distortion or overdrive could give you what your after
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
it will be no good boosting a line 6 spider - trust me, i tried it in a store with a marshall BB-2 (it wasn't the pedal that was crap, i know that for a fact) and on the clean a moderate boost it wasn't bad until i pushed it a little further and it started to go into digital clipping, but on the other channels it just sounded muddy. boosting only really works with tube amps.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
^100% Agreed. You should try and save up for a tube amp instead of a boost pedal.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
There are clean boost pedals you could purchase... but my experience has found that an EQ pedal with a bit of a mid bump can really help you cut through the mix without having to be just louder (which in many cases you have to be so much louder to cut through at current EQ settings that all else is drowned out). Most EQ's have a level fader, so with the mid bump and *a little* extra level you should cut nicely and sit in the mix VERY well.
Personally, I like the Danelectro Fish and Chips pedal, it's very inexpesive and does the job nicely.... but there are others like the Boss GE7 (i think thats right..) or the MXR 10 band.... all very nice.... remember to to alway try it out before you buy it.

I also agree with most here about getting a better amp. Your Spider should be fine for bedroom practicing, but if you are planning on further practicing with others and gigging, you might want to consider other options.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
OK, so we've established it wouldn't work. What amps have a feature like that? I would need 3+ channels, 1 for clean, 1 for rhythm, 1 for leads. It also needs to be cheap and have a footswitch. That's the main thing LOL cos mine has 4 channels, which is cool but it's hard to switch.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
OK, so we've established it wouldn't work. What amps have a feature like that? I would need 3+ channels, 1 for clean, 1 for rhythm, 1 for leads. It also needs to be cheap and have a footswitch. That's the main thing LOL cos mine has 4 channels, which is cool but it's hard to switch.

well whats your budget for a new amp if you're getting a new amp, and what style(s) of music do you play?

if you get a tube amp, you would probably only need 2 channels, clean and overdrive. you could then set up your overdriven channel to give you your rhythm tone, and use something like a tubescreamer to boost the overdrive channel for solos to give you your lead tone - this is what most people do.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
well whats your budget for a new amp if you're getting a new amp, and what style(s) of music do you play?

if you get a tube amp, you would probably only need 2 channels, clean and overdrive. you could then set up your overdriven channel to give you your rhythm tone, and use something like a tubescreamer to boost the overdrive channel for solos to give you your lead tone - this is what most people do.

I play metal. I am still considering getting a modelling amp as you can put effects on the channels and there's no messing around switching stompboxes on and off all the time. My budget is: a trade in for my old amp (see sig) plus up to about £60. My main criteria is the foot controller, that is vital. It would be nice to have onboard effects that can be applied to channels seperately too, but what I really need is clean, rhythm, lead channels.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright