...and why are people comparing him to the likes of Jason Becker or Steve Vai in Jason Becker videos? What's the appeal to him? I searched up Rich Ward on Youtube and he didn't seem that great.
He's a mediocre guitarist who's being compared to those players by a troll and then the next 50 odd responses are about how he's crap compared to x and y then the troll responds and it repeats.

It's one guy who does it. well I know of a single guy who constantly trolls guitar video responses but it's not always him, it usually is but not always. He's got a few accounts one of which is bongpack420 or something. That account is usually reserved for praising Dime but I've seen him praise Ward too.

He spammed the Racer x forums for a while too saying that compared to Rich Ward, Paul Gilbert was slow and unoriginal or something like that.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
He's a mediocre guitarist who's being compared to those players by a troll and then the next 50 odd responses are about how he's crap compared to x and y then the troll responds and it repeats.

It's one guy who does it. well I know of a single guy who constantly trolls guitar video responses but it's not always him, it usually is but not always. He's got a few accounts one of which is bongpack420 or something. That account is usually reserved for praising Dime but I've seen him praise Ward too.

He spammed the Racer x forums for a while too saying that compared to Rich Ward, Paul Gilbert was slow and unoriginal or something like that.

i have had my fair share of debates with him(the troll not rich ward). he goes by bongpack420 as Lemoninfluence said and something along the lines of bigmonkeyman44. there are other accounts, but those are the ones he uses most. he praises dimebag and rich ward and disses anyone who isn't them. his arguments are terrible and never gives you a real rebuttal. he will just post a link to some solo by dime or ward and say it has more emotion AND is faster than anything by becker, vai, gilbert, etc.

anyway, rich ward wouldn't even be classed as a "shredder". he was in a band called stuck mojo, who i haven't listened to, but am pretty sure are rap metal. i've seen some of his solos because of the troll and they really aren't that great. in a nutshell he sounds like zakk wylde with less pinch harmonics.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFJ1opscvA

for your viewing pleasure... honestly how can you take this guy seriously?
Last edited by lobster624 at Jul 13, 2008,
Quote by lobster624
bigmonkeyman44. ?

I know that one.

He claimed Pete Sandoval to be the be-all-end-all extreme metal drummer because he can do double kick fast
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by lobster624

I can't even compete with this guys talent....

That was actually pretty bad...I couldn't take him seriously

So back on topic: someone post what is supposed to be a good video of this Ward guy if you wouldn't mind.
look at all of bigmonkeyman's videos. he has a lot that are basically just audio clips with a picture. theres a big mix of guitarists, but theres a lot of ward. i also think the description for all his videos is "haha".
Quote by lobster624

His beard reminds me of somebody I don't like very much.

he even speaks the same (apart from the accent) as him.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Minkaro
Isn't that the guy from Fozzy?

I haven't seen much from him in them to suggest he's on par with Becker, or Vai, or Satch, or Petrucci, or...*stops*

yep that's the guy.

and I'd agree with the person who likened him to zakk wylde. I'd say that they're both at about the same level.

Quote by element4433
Yeah he started out with Stuck Mojo who went back to touring this year they are a Rap-Metal band. Then he joined Fozzy when Mojo died out. I think he is pretty good not the greatest but he has some nice stuff.
Rich is the man and i wouldnt consider Stuck Mojo rap metal either there more of a southern rock/metal funk band with a rapper. He also plays in Fozzy and is one killer guitarist. Rich is one of those guitarist that writes very memorable melodies with his solos one of my favorites...
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by DeadIdentity81
Rich is the man and i wouldnt consider Stuck Mojo rap metal either there more of a southern rock/metal funk band with a rapper. He also plays in Fozzy and is one killer guitarist. Rich is one of those guitarist that writes very memorable melodies with his solos one of my favorites...

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
\

When i listen to Stuck Mojo i think of metal not rap metal. Rich plays a very nasty guitar as well.
The most talented man on earth...