I've been using straplocks for a few weeks, but it turns out my strap button is actually too small for both the lock and strap... Long story short, the strap has been slowly unscrewing the button, and now it's fallen out. This would be fine, except I can't screw it back in. How do I fix this?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
wood filler!
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
Thanks. Won't that damage the wood though?
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your post BrianApocolypse. How will the match stick help?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Last edited by Hereiwas at Jul 12, 2008,
so, the problem is that the button fell off and now the hole has become to big to screw it back on?

I usually solve this problem by putting a toothpick or a match in the hole (paper will also do the trick) and maybe a bit of glue, and then just screw it back on! Then the problem will be solved

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by Hereiwas
Thanks. Won't that damage the wood though?
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your post BrianApocolypse. How will the match stick help?

Because it'll fill up the hole.

You don't want to glue the screw back in - what if you need to take the button off for some reason? What if the glue gets all over the finish of the guitar?
Thanks. I'll try it now.

It works a treat.
CuSO4

Last edited by Hereiwas at Jul 12, 2008,