I need a pedal that'll boost my guitar for solos, preferably cheaper than, say, £50. It can be basic, but one that gives me more sustain/distortion is good too.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
I need a pedal that'll boost my guitar for solos, preferably cheaper than, say, £50. It can be basic, but one that gives me more sustain/distortion is good too.

There isn't one - if you try and boost the gain channel of that amp it's just going to sound terrible.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
one of the maxon ods has a transparancy knob that lets it go from od to clean boost.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
id say go for the pickup booster pedal, im pretty sure its by seymour duncan, its clean boost that doesnt colour your tone or take away from it

up to 25db i think? not sure gotta look it up and it has a few extra features that do colour your tone in a very good way but theyre optional to use
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
MXR Micro Amp. I have heard great things about it like it can turn the clean channel on a Amp into a lead channel.
there is also a moonlion boost pedal that is good.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
...and all those will sound like complete ass if you run them on the any of the gain channels of a modelling amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Bad monkey maybe?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by brianthemayan
There are clean boost pedals you could purchase... but my experience has found that an EQ pedal with a bit of a mid bump can really help you cut through the mix without having to be just louder (which in many cases you have to be so much louder to cut through at current EQ settings that all else is drowned out). Most EQ's have a level fader, so with the mid bump and *a little* extra level you should cut nicely and sit in the mix VERY well.
Personally, I like the Danelectro Fish and Chips pedal, it's very inexpesive and does the job nicely.... but there are others like the Boss GE7 (i think thats right..) or the MXR 10 band.... all very nice.... remember to to alway try it out before you buy it.

I also agree with most here about getting a better amp. Your Spider should be fine for bedroom practicing, but if you are planning on further practicing with others and gigging, you might want to consider other options.

I'll answer you with that^^^^ which can also be found in your duplicate thread:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907981
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Steven Seagull is speaking the truth, so everybody please listen to him.

The Line 6 spider III will not handle boost pedals. I've experimented with this myself in a local shop. The cleans, boosted to remain clean but have a bit more "oomph" sounded ok, but as soon as it reached "overdrive", it sounded NASTY. The overdriven channels just shat the bed. They went muddy as the modelled distortion mushed in with that nasty digital signal clipping that ruined the boosted cleans.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Steven Seagull is speaking the truth, so everybody please listen to him.

The Line 6 spider III will not handle boost pedals. I've experimented with this myself in a local shop. The cleans, boosted to remain clean but have a bit more "oomph" sounded ok, but as soon as it reached "overdrive", it sounded NASTY. The overdriven channels just shat the bed. They went muddy as the modelled distortion mushed in with that nasty digital signal clipping that ruined the boosted cleans.

It even happens on conventional solid state amps - I tried to do it with my old Peavey Bandit and it just added a shedload of noise and near uncontrollable feedback. The bandit is a pretty solid, if unspectacular, amp too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i own the BBE boosta grande and to be honest it only boosts alot on the clean channel of the amp. i was kinda dissapointed when i turned it on for solos with distorsion, it didn't do much at all and i think it has up to 25dB of volume boost. the BBE should be in ur price budget and it adds a bit more gain to ur tone. i've tried other boost pedals and this it the one that gives the most boost in for the money u pay...
build one your self if you have a soldering iron you can buy all the components for under £10 and its a very simple circuit to build. get the plans off the net.
also this way you can try all sorts of fun stuff like inserting different components in the circuits to shape the tone your getting
Quote by jimmybob24
build one your self if you have a soldering iron you can buy all the components for under £10 and its a very simple circuit to build. get the plans off the net.
also this way you can try all sorts of fun stuff like inserting different components in the circuits to shape the tone your getting

yea i'm doing that. if youre interested in it, the schematics and step by step procedure is on diystompboxes.com
My Solid States Amp can not handle and type of Boost or Distortion Pedals on any Over drive Channel. I am getting a Tube Amp Half Stack soon though so I hope my Gear will be able to work together better.
People seem to be ignoring a simple fact in this thread:

m4l666 has a spider III 15 watt. I'm not just saying this "cus its a spider and spiders suck!" (not only because the 15 watt model is pretty good for a £80 practice amp!), i'm saying this because i have actually tried boosting a 15 watt spider III with a marshall BB-2 clean boost and it sounded awful. These amps, along with most solid state amps, don't like being boosted, at all. Its no use everybody recommending this or that, because he simply won't get a usable result out of boosting with that amp no matter how much he pays for the boost pedal

this is what me and a few others have been trying to say, in this thread, and in this guys other 2 identical threads...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by Blompcube
People seem to be ignoring a simple fact in this thread:

m4l666 has a spider III 15 watt. I'm not just saying this "cus its a spider and spiders suck!" (not only because the 15 watt model is pretty good for a £80 practice amp!), i'm saying this because i have actually tried boosting a 15 watt spider III with a marshall BB-2 clean boost and it sounded awful. These amps, along with most solid state amps, don't like being boosted, at all. Its no use everybody recommending this or that, because he simply won't get a usable result out of boosting with that amp no matter how much he pays for the boost pedal

this is what me and a few others have been trying to say, in this thread, and in this guys other 2 identical threads...

I'm just going to go ahead and quote this because it's so stupidly right it hurts.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by m4l666
Cos I didn't see it existed. I posted it and then nothing, I couldn't find it anywhere.

thats what the search bar is for. i didn't even need the search bar to find your other 2 threads

and i'd strongly advise against getting a boost pedal for a your amp, its just convenient that you happen to have an amp that i've actually tried boosting and know it doesn't handle it well, but inconvenient that it happens to be the amp that everyone bashes on this forum so it looks like i'm just slagging it off, when i'm not. Unfortunately, boosting only works well with tube amps.

if you have a spider amp, you will be better buying an EQ pedal so you just shape your tone so its "louder"
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400