I'm not sure if this is the right place, but theres usually other **** in the pit, but how do you do the phenomenon of play guitar and sing at the same time?
Does the pit have any advice for a willing learner?(me) I don't have a great singing voice, but I still want to know how to do this... do you have any little tips or songs to do to try and get better at this?

please pit, help!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Learn the guitar part first, then start by whispering or humming the lyrics. Slowly work up to singing quietly, then get louder.

I sing and play in my band.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
What I do is learn either the guitar or vocal part so I can do it in my sleep, then focus on the other one while you do the other one easily.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I started playing bass and singing and it just came naturely to me. Of course at first either my bass or my voice would suffer under the combination but i don't think i have that problem anymore.=)
Quote by PlayMadness
Learn the guitar part first, then start by whispering or humming the lyrics. Slowly work up to singing quietly, then get louder.

I sing and play in my band.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Try and know the guitar well enough so you don't have to think much about where your fingers are.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Start with songs that have simple rhythms. Personally, I found it very easy to play and sing songs that were off beat.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
do songs where the vocal melody matches the guitar melody, like iron man, paint it black etc
then work your way up to songs with easy guitar and vocal parts like sunshine of your love and paranoid
Drink Dave Mustaine cofee.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
It's best to start off with songs that have a singing guitar player, like some Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Green Day, or Rush. Possibly even the rhythm guitar of Metallica, depending on your skill level.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I don't pay attention to what i play when i sing and play guitar. I concentrate on singing and don't focus on what i'm playing.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by will123456789
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but theres usually other **** in the pit, but how do you do the phenomenon of play guitar and sing at the same time?
Does the pit have any advice for a willing learner?(me) I don't have a great singing voice, but I still want to know how to do this... do you have any little tips or songs to do to try and get better at this?

please pit, help!

Ive tried it, as soon as the intro ends, and we go into singing, we get all out of time..
its hard.
do songs like blink green day or off spring where their singer plays guitar and normal just 4 powerchords play 4,6 or 8 times each
what ure saying about the second nature rythm think does make sense.. thats what I did for my gcse compostion.. I played the guitar part so many time that i could sing over it, but the words were right in front of me.. but i will take the points in to consideration, when i can be arsed to practise
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by PlayMadness
It's best to start off with songs that have a singing guitar player, like some Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Green Day, or Rush. Possibly even the rhythm guitar of Metallica, depending on your skill level.

I think Geddy sings in rush and good luck doing his basslines.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)