For some funny reason, when I am playing some solo heavy songs, even if it is more classic rock style, I prefer playing it on the PowerBlock (solidstate) over my blues junior... Is it just my mind, or is there some logical reason?

(Though blues junior is still better when playing "Into the Night")
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by aaciseric
Pretty sure this is the wrong forum.

Pretty sure your long hair is obscuring your vision.

There's nothing wrong with your ears, you like one of your amps more than the other for a certain purpose.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The issue is that I am very certain that tube is always better than a much more powerful (headroom) solidstate amp.

EDIT: especially considering the preamp is flexwave while power section is class-D
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Last edited by Jestersage at Jul 12, 2008,
Not necessarily. They make some good solid state amps. I had a an old crate gt65 that would blow a Blues Jr out of the water in anything buy cleans.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Jestersage
The issue is that I am very certain that tube is always better than a much more powerful (headroom) solidstate amp.

Then the issue is that you think because idiot UGers say valve amps are always better it must be the truth.

They're your ears, listen to what they're telling you. Not some spotty 15 year old from the internet.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
You're entitled to your own opinion. If you liek the SS setting, then use it.

Your ears are more truthful than UG.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Yeah, there are cases where a solidstate is better than a tube amp.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
You like it more, because the Blues junior does not have as gain or as many watts as the powerblock. See if I put my Classic 30 against it, you'd like the C30 more! becuase it has enough gain to compete with the powerblock
Quote by Highwaytohell
You like it more, because the Blues junior does not have as gain or as many watts as the powerblock. See if I put my Classic 30 against it, you'd like the C30 more! becuase it has enough gain to compete with the powerblock

Now I just want to cry.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
I like both a tube amp and an SS amp and I have both. They have their places and suits some songs better than the other. I even have a bass amp for another sound pallete.