Just bought a line 6 pocket pod and being lazy wondered if anyone else had found the sound for sweet child of mine on theirs yet? can you help to save me a bit of time please
it has a built in one under songs

its in alphabetical order so just scroll through till u get to S
Quote by nebiru
Is this your music?

Are you confused? You have like 5 genres mixed into one thing. Who's the dude with the lisp rapping? because I bursted out laughing.
^ -_- wow...do you see that guys picking hand? jesus! anyway, yeah the POD XT seems best
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jul 16, 2008,
he doesn't need the exact set-up to get a close sound...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I don't have one, but I am researching about them

pocket < pod 2.0 < pod xt < pod x3

The oldest is the 2.0 next the xt then the pocket and then the x3.

The x3 supports the most features, I don't know how the quality of the models have improved over the different versions. But I know that the x3 has more than the others.

The pocket version has less amps less effects etc. I am a JCM800 fan, I would buy one if I have the house to play it (I own a condo and can't drive a JCM 800), so the pocket is out of the question for me.

I am looking for something that can help me record, and this seems to be a cool device.

I went to try one at guitar center, they had XT live (BTW the live ones are just pedals, they come as a pedal board, the non live ones you need to buy the pedal separate if you want stuff like channel switching. so if you buy the X3 or XT + pedal it costs the same as live with less feature, because the 100 dlls pedal has less features, however. Its smaller to buy them separate (live versions are BIG)

In Gutar center I had a horrible exp, they had the live XT on a corner next to a roland amp, and I could never figure out how to make it sound ok, it sounded horrible, very bad, very very bad, low volume static all over the place etc. I think you need to plug this into a line in or something, I don'tknow, I also read today that you need to disable some stuff, if you need to run it thtough an amp.
Quote by kckyle
i'm thinking about getting one. whats the differnce between the xt and the x3 live.

there is xt and xe

and then

there is xt live and xe live

live = footboard with wah and channel changer

non live = just a device to put on your desk, you can buy some pedals separate
SCOM was recorded using a JCM 800 amp, and the pocket version does not support JCM 800.

Wrong.

There IS a JCM 800 model on the pocket pod. They call it "Brit Hi Gain". It is listed in the manual.

The model won't fool a trained ear or anything, but the pocket pod gets you close enough for headphone practice.
yeah i'm deffinitely going for a pod live. since i dont see any other way using it on stage, couple main reasons i want one is because i can't bring my switchblade half stack around just for band practice and rehearsal. the other reason is because i seen numerous youtube video with the pod xt live and they sound fantastic. my friend mixed his pod xt live with his switchblade halfstack and it just sound so wonderful with truly endless possibility,
Quote by Steve BP
Wrong.

There IS a JCM 800 model on the pocket pod. They call it "Brit Hi Gain". It is listed in the manual.

The model won't fool a trained ear or anything, but the pocket pod gets you close enough for headphone practice.

the website does not list it for the pocket pod, it lists another Marshall but not JCM-800, the XT and x3 does have a JCM-800 model listed
^ their web site is wrong.

It lists the JCM 800 model in the manual, and it is one of the models on the pocket pod unit, should you wish to check for yourself.