I am thinking about getting a Super Champ. I would get the Deluxe Reverb, but right now, I'm still trying to find my tone. Also, I am starting to want a Marshall as well. And I'm not sure what FX pedals I want, yet. Or even single or multi-fx. UGH! I'm so not-knowing. LOL

^ I dont know what I want.

Anyway, my question is, would it be loud enough for coffee shop gigs?
coffee shop maybe.

larger place with drummer and such - prolly not.

which Marshall are you looking at?

All three of these amps are very different. What is your budget? New or used? What style of music do you like/play?
You should have enough power to blow their cappuccino machine. Seriously. A 15-18W tube power section is going to be real loud in that environment.

If you really don't know what you're looking for, the Super Champ XD probably isn't a bad choice at all while you try to figure it out. A step up from the Cube or Valvetronix for not a lot more money. Good luck.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
coffee shop maybe.

which Marshall are you looking at?

All three of these amps are very different. What is your budget? New or used? What style of music do you like/play?

For the Marshall, no model in particualr. Just for that signature-crunch, and 80's tone.

My budget is around $400 tops. I will only buy used, personal preferance.

I play mostly softer classic rock (60's-80's), country, folk, and jazz. But I do play hard rock occasionally when the mood strikes me.

If and when I play coffee shop gigs, it will most likely be me and another guy (either a bassist or a lead). I'm a rythm player but can double on lead if need be. Some soloing. But yeah, mostly rythm.
Also thank you slats for understanding my situation.

On that note, it sucks being a poor college student.
I think the only reason you should buy a marshall would be if you had a larger budget.
For 400 bucks, just get a reasonable wattage tube combo and be done with it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
coffee shop maybe.

I have this amp which is actually closer to 20 watts.
trust me, unless you played very low on the clean channel or the "jazz" model, you would deafen everyone in the coffee shop. This is a loud little amp.