hi guyz!I'm playing in Thrash-Death Metal genre and I'm planning to buy an elctric guitar named Jackson RR3 pro series with a very excellent sound and not so great value($568.98 guitar only) and i love the licensed floyd trem bar and seymour duncan pickups. But I'm having problem with choosing between an ESP-LTD M-100($296.98) and Ibanez RGT42 guitar($688) with really great and even brutal sound with my boss metal zone pedal. Also, I've been thinking for the Jackson DK2S($656.66) with the sustainiac pickups. Because this will be my first guitar, so help me out here.

Because I'm not only choosing for the sound but also the really BRUTAL and METAL LOOK! and also i love to make my Guitar to scream like Dimebag Darrell(RIP)! Also, let me know if you have any suggestions for my amp and different effects pedal. Thankx!

P.S.
METAL RULEZ!
Last edited by dethshred902 at Jul 12, 2008,
Try the jackson DKMG Dinky instead.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

*facepalm*
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Bc Rich Ftw
My Gear:

+ Ibanez Prestige S2170-FW
+ Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
+ 1976 Guild S300-D
+ Peavey Roadking 212
+ Dimebag DB01 Crybaby From Hell
+ Boss HM-2 & DM-2
+ My Fingers Of Fury!
If you're using a Metal Zone, I think it's fairly safe to say that none of those guitars will be "BRUTAL" sounding.

How bout buying a "BRUTAL" amp instead of wasting money on a new guitar?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you're using a Metal Zone, I think it's fairly safe to say that none of those guitars will be "BRUTAL" sounding.

How bout buying a "BRUTAL" amp instead of wasting money on a new guitar?

Thats absolutely true, I didn't thin kto ask what amp he had.
lol @ everything about this thread.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
This thread makes me...

And +1 to spending that money on an amp. Also, please chill the **** out...
*sighs*

Dude, the Metalzone is definately not br00talz. although I guess being attacked by the equivalent cloud of bees would be....

Get a brutal amp. Not a brutal guitar.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
*sighs*

Dude, the Metalzone is definately not br00talz. although I guess being attacked by the equivalent cloud of bees would be....

Get a brutal amp. Not a brutal guitar.

Are you kidding me? It's the perfect pedal for thin, buzzy sounding grindcore tones!

A B-52 AT-112 and a Hello Kitty Strat will do.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by postmortem2006
ABsolute and utter facepalm lol

palmin the face cap'n
This post made me LOL because any guitar looks metal no matter what the shape....
Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Janick Gers of IRON MAIDEN use strats..
JOHN 5, although not completely metal more of a shredmaster, uses a TELE
Jeff Hanneman of slayer, esp strat, but still STRAT

but i agree with ct32, go with a daisy rock
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Daisy-Rock-Butterfly-Short-Scale-Electric-Guitar?sku=513090

any ****in metalhead who goes on a stage in front of people playing a god damn guitar like that should be exalted amongst the ranks of MANOWAR and ARTHUR'S HALL OF VIKING MANLINESS as the most manly mother ****er in the world
Last edited by char_107 at Jul 13, 2008,
Quote by char_107
palmin the face cap'n
This post made me LOL because any guitar looks metal no matter what the shape....
Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Janick Gers of IRON MAIDEN use strats..
JOHN 5, although not completely metal more of a shredmaster, uses a TELE
Jeff Hanneman of slayer, esp strat, but still STRAT

but i agree with ct32, go with a daisy rock
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Daisy-Rock-Butterfly-Short-Scale-Electric-Guitar?sku=513090

any ****in metalhead who goes on a stage in front of people playing a god damn guitar like that should be exalted amongst the ranks of MANOWAR and ARTHUR'S HALL OF MANLY VIKINGNESS as the most manly mother ****er in the world

Quote by fairwayman222 on Musician's Friend
Well, there is one good thing about this, it hasn't broke yet. This frilly peice of nothing destroyed my career. I was at my concert, it would have been my big break, and this thing starts squeeking and the neck falls off. Needless to say, if you want a guitar that doesn't make your life be ruined, than buy something else.

Someone beat him to it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
HMM.... signed up July 2008, crazy post like that.... YEP:

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Last edited by brianthemayan at Jul 13, 2008,
Can you please tell how to get a death metal sound?
srry coz i'm just new here and i just wanna know your suggestions so please dont discriminate my thread.
What guitar do you have now? Are you going to be gigging?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
unfortunately, that will be my first guitar, so i really need your opinoin guyz. Well, probably as soon as I get that guitar, I'll be finding a band.
Quote by dethshred902
Can you please tell how to get a death metal sound?
srry coz i'm just new here and i just wanna know your suggestions so please dont discriminate my thread.

you generally need a solidbody guitar with a bridge humbucker, through a sufficiently high-gain and modern-sounding amp. the guitar doesn't need to be a crazy shape or anything like that, or even by a "metal" brand (though, granted, you don't want to be playing death metal on a hollow jazz guitar as it'll feedback and not sound tight enough).

something like a roland cube 30 or 60 would be cool for the amp, and a yamaha pacifica 112 for the guitar. that'll set you back maybe $300-$400. If you have more than that, you have more options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dethshred902
unfortunately, that will be my first guitar, so i really need your opinoin guyz. Well, probably as soon as I get that guitar, I'll be finding a band.

Can you even play guitar yet (asking because you said first guitar) if so then i'd advise you to a quote by the SLASH " Before you go blow 50,000 on equipment learn to play guitar first" and no one goes to find a band before they seriously learn guitar
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by zhunt1130
bet 10 its a spider 3 half stack

Im going to use a Spider 3
Its a great price for me and the sound is a major step up from my POS amp i have at the moment.
Quote by Cryptorchild
Im going to use a Spider 3
Its a great price for me and the sound is a major step up from my POS amp i have at the moment.

Why? You can get a tube combo for the same price...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Why? You can get a tube combo for the same price...

I dont really know what Tube to get,
And my friend is selling me his half stack for half of what Guitar Center offers.

On top of that I tried it out at guitar center and I like it alot. Im open up to change though, any suggestions on a better amp than a Line 6?
Well, yeah I've been playing around 3 years and I play Thrash Metal stuff like Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera and some Slayer(On an Acoustic Guitar). So, this will be my first electric.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Boooooooooooo fender with MT2 pedal!!!

Hoorayyyyyyy used 5150 combo!

/copying Red Stripe.

What can you suggest then?
Quote by dethshred902
What can you suggest then?

He just said 5150 Combo...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com