What's the difference between that browser and Microsoft Internet Explorer? I've always heard Firefox is better but I don't know HOW it's better.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
A lot more secure, more customizable, faster, looks better, fewer bugs, basically better in every aspect you can think of...
sup?
it encrypts your temporary files and cache so its a lot more difficult to get viruses off web pages wothout manually downloading them in a file...... I think
Quote by ldl67
A lot more secure, more customizable, faster, looks better, fewer bugs, basically better in every aspect you can think of...

this.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ldl67

Thank you. What is the customizable part?

I need to convince my dad to switch to Firefox so I can download a program that only works with it.

Edit: Thank you polargimp, too.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
smoother, better looking, everything...

try it, and see for yourself

might take some minutes to get used to it but it's well worth it
You like it
Here's an example:

On every PC I own/my family owns, Internet Explorer has ceased to work. You know what does work? Firefox.

That's my reason for believing it's better.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by sam b
It's just one of them facts of life

+1
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
+1 on epic brootality. its full of little shortcuts if you ask me. like a spell checker, tabs are easier, book marks are right under the website address bar. and the icon is a little fox around a world. whats better, a big e or a ****ing fox, man?

a ****ing fox!
Firefox pwns Internet Explorer.

Also, why not just have it as your own personal browser. I don't think it clashes with IE. And it's important to keep IE around for Windows stuff.
Quote by metal4all
What's the difference between that browser and Microsoft Internet Explorer? I've always heard Firefox is better but I don't know HOW it's better.

Because Stone Cold Said So
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
It features more 3rd party secure add-ons, or plugins, to enable you to get more out of the web. Myself? I'm listening to music using winamp. It's minimized, but I have foxytunes, that lets me control winamp.

Not to mention, there's a lot of cool skins for your browser, and a lot more custom search engines, not just the google toolbar in IE7. I have two for UG right now. One for a band search, and one for a song search, (as well as Facebook, Myspace, digg, IMDb, and Wikipedia).

Firefox, at it's most basic is comparable to IE7, minus IE7's bugs, but there is so much developed content, that you can achieve a better level of interaction and ease with the internet.

I <3 it and it hearts me
Opus Acoustic by Harmony Guitars
Ibanez AEF18 Acoustic Electric
Crate GTD15R

Tophue: Every christian song has the chord progression G, Cadd9 somewhere in the song
Phax: The key of Gsus!!! COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT! haha
Last edited by horatiogates at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
Firefox pwns Internet Explorer.

Also, why not just have it as your own personal browser. I don't think it clashes with IE. And it's important to keep IE around for Windows stuff.

He asked why . That is how you don't answer a question.
Crate GTD15R

Tophue: Every christian song has the chord progression G, Cadd9 somewhere in the song
Quote by horatiogates
It features more 3rd party secure add-ons, or plugins, to enable you to get more out of the web. Myself? I'm listening to music using winamp. It's minimized, but I have foxytunes, that lets me control winamp.

Not to mention, there's a lot of cool skins for your browser, and a lot more custom search engines, not just the google toolbar in IE7. I have two for UG right now. One for a band search, and one for a song search, (as well as Facebook, Myspace, digg, IMDb, and Wikipedia).

Firefox, at it's most basic is comparable to IE7, minus IE7's bugs, but there is so much developed content, that you can achieve a better level of interaction and ease with the internet.

I <3 it and it hearts me

Where is this UG search! I must know! Please..
Quote by horatiogates

I <3 it and it hearts me

Thank you very much.

Hopefully he lets me get it then.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Basically, with firefox you can pretty much change everything to suit you - but at the same time it's still faster, safer and more efficient than Internet Explorer. You can even put a donk on it! (first person to recognise where that quote comes from gets a cookie )
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
Where is this UG search! I must know! Please..

Oh, I wrote them. I'm not a web developer by any means, but for any site where the terms that you searched show up in the url bar for the page containing the results, you can make a search for. It's been years, but here's a quick tutorial. copy, paste, and edit bro!

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Creating_OpenSearch_plugins_for_Firefox

... <--- "These elipses denote the passing of time" - Fight Club

Found this too. haven't ever seen it before. Try it, and PM me and tell me how it worked, would ya?

http://www.rollyo.com/firefoxsearch.html
Crate GTD15R