Lo, gettin an electric online, i have a martin acoustic already but not an electric. i plan to get good at it so i want a good one i have two main options picked out,

numero un....fender commemorative 1957 strat http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_commemorative_1957_strat.htm

and the other... fender american standard strat MN OW http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_american_standard_strat_mn_ow.htm

Is the com fender a better guitar sound, etc or the standard...

please comment!!
Personally...I F*#Kin hate Fenders. So im not going to tell you which one is better, but i will say if your going to buy offline, I would advise you dont, try and find a shop close to you, especially if your looking for Fender, everyone sells Fender, they are like starbucks. But seriously, play them or something similar.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
i reckon the standard is better cuz of the alnico 5 pickups give a heavier distorted sound. the com has vintage pickups, so it depends if u want a vintage strat or a more modern strat
I perfer the look of MN OW, but im not sure about which would sound better. I would take AtThisVelocity's advice and go try one in a shop
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Personally...I F*#Kin hate Fenders. So im not going to tell you which one is better, but i will say if your going to buy offline, I would advise you dont, try and find a shop close to you, especially if your looking for Fender, everyone sells Fender, they are like starbucks. But seriously, play them or something similar.

why is buying online a bad idea, just wonderin cos livin in ireland means the **** the price up loads(staff expenses, maintenance,etc. and theres less handling charge online
Given how well the dollar is doing right now, that is twice as expensive as it should be. An American Standard cost $1000... or about 630 Euro right now. Consider ordering from an American website with a credit card and paying the ridiculous shipping fee... you'll still be better off
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by believedaname
why is buying online a bad idea, just wonderin cos livin in ireland means the **** the price up loads(staff expenses, maintenance,etc. and theres less handling charge online

Ohh, Ireland huh, yeah...order online, but get some kind of insurance, we Americans dont believe in the term FRAGILE.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
uhhhh... id go with the mia standard but what amp do you have in mind
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube