I need a metal guitar. At the moment I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, but since buying it, I've become a sweaty metalhead. I want something that's £350 at the most. I want something that looks different, so no common designs. I was thinking either a Schecter Revenger, or a BC Rich Masterpiece Mockingbird (and maybe put some seymour duncans on it).
Yeah I thought about them. But I'd prefer something with 24 frets, should have mentioned that...
Need a metal guitar. Must:
Be under £350.
Have 24 frets.
'Different' design (No common shapes)
I was thinking either buying a BC Rich Masterpiece Mockingbird and putting some Seymour Duncans on it, or buying a Schecter Revenger. Help anyone?
First of all, if you're going to post in the bands & artists forum, wouldn't the Metal forum be a more logical place to post than in Alt/Indie?

Anyway, you should ask a mod to move this to the Electric Guitar forum.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
First of all, if you're going to post in the bands & artists forum, wouldn't the Metal forum be a more logical place to post than in Alt/Indie?

Anyway, you should ask a mod to move this to the Electric Guitar forum.

done, and done
Quote by Frusciante30
Be under £350.
Have 24 frets.
I was thinking either buying a BC Rich Masterpiece Mockingbird and putting some Seymour Duncans on it, or buying a Schecter Revenger. Help anyone?

Uhh, do you want a floyd rose?

Ibanez MTM2s are pretty nice, I've played one, very heavy sound and good sustain.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
I suggest waiting until you have a bit more cash to toss out and check out some Schecters, the hellraisers are good. I just ordered the C-1 FR model.
I recommend a lower-end Schecter if you want lower price. The C-1 is a great guitar, the EMG's make for a good metal sound. I have a C-1 Hellraiser FR, and I love it. I would recommend Schecters all the way. If you want a lower-end Floyd, try the Damien FR. I almost got that one.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR / Fender American Strat
Boss GT-8 Effects Processor
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212
Using a Marshall Mg30dfx. Waiting till I have more money isn't really an option, I'm 15 years old, have about £150 saved up, and I'm on an income of around £20 a week.

Thanks for all the help by the way, guys.
Jackson king v kvx10 in ether cobalt blue swirl(extra 90 quid) or cobalt blue(extra nothing). True pimping metal guitar. Ether that or a randy rhoads.
I agree look at Schecters!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
that's one of the lower-end bc riches... generaly consensus seems to be that they're, well, ****e.

how about this? http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/271

or http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/270

(washburn wi65pro)
EDIT: what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
keep the guitar you have and save for a new amp. you can get some good tone outta the lp.
Washburn X50 Pro has 24 frets and seymour duncans. £300 new, only downside is a ''boring'' shape.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jul 13, 2008,
Jackson Kelly or Warrior or an Ibanez Xiphos.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Like someone mentioned i think the MTM-2 would be great for you, better than all the others mentioned, Ibanez's are made for metal, the V7/V8 p/u are good enough.

Don't get the BC Rich, the quality control is generally bad. But no matter what you get the amp your using is ****, but forget that for the minute, if you want new guitar then get the Ibanez MTM-2
Manchester United
i'd seriously get a new amp. if you're 15 and on £20 a week, is that all disposable income?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the revenger been replaced by the avenger and they don't come with a FR. I think if they put that syn headstock on a all black avenger body with OFR that thing is all I need.

thats metal

All I can say is since you are getting more serious about guitars and this will be your second, save up for a expensive one. If you can try that revenger out id recommend that
Last edited by cruc1a7 at Jul 13, 2008,
Quote by Frusciante30
Be under £350.
Have 24 frets.

ESP EC 500, has an EMG 81, for the distortion and an EMG 60 for very sexy cleans.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

i doubt very much that you'd get either that schecter or ESP/ltd for £350 here... both those brands are relatively expensive here (for some reason)... washburn are one of the few non-EU-based brands which are actually reasonably good value here...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say work on a decent amp first, and then work up to a Warlock/Jr. V/Beast IT
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Okay...
I suppose I can get a half decent metal tone out of the les paul, but it's amber in colour and just doesn't look metal.
I think I'm going to go for this Schecter:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_revenger_6_fr_sbk.htm

A lot of you are saying go for a new amp, I've been perfectly satisfied with my Marshall, but haven't used much else. Any ideas?
(Thanks again for all the help.)
Quote by Frusciante30
Okay...
I suppose I can get a half decent metal tone out of the les paul, but it's amber in colour and just doesn't look metal.
I think I'm going to go for this Schecter:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_revenger_6_fr_sbk.htm

A lot of you are saying go for a new amp, I've been perfectly satisfied with my Marshall, but haven't used much else. Any ideas?
(Thanks again for all the help.)

Depends how much you have to spend, the Marshall is pretty much one of the worst amps you can buy
Quote by Horlicks
Depends how much you have to spend, the Marshall is pretty much one of the worst amps you can buy

God Dammit. =P
Well I've got a 3 Year Guarantee on it, so I suppose I could get my money back for it and fork out some extra money for a better one... In which case I'd have less than £500 to spend, at the most.
Any ideas?
Quote by Frusciante30
God Dammit. =P
Well I've got a 3 Year Guarantee on it, so I suppose I could get my money back for it and fork out some extra money for a better one... In which case I'd have less than £500 to spend, at the most.
Any ideas?

Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L Laney GH50L

Used obviously
id say a jackson RR3 its £385 from www.gak.co.uk
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by eruption1988
the hello kitty strat ftw

Definitely metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzgV8xLOhR8
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by eruption1988
the hello kitty strat ftw

But of course!
Why didn't I think of that?
Quote by Frusciante30
But of course!
Why didn't I think of that?

Or I may go for Squier's Avril Lavigne Telecaster. =)
Washburn X50 Pro FE
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w