I've been kind of saving for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, but i've heard they're iffy, and kind of 50/50 in terms of finding a good one. And also, i can't really try one out, because if i get it, i'm getting the b-stock MF one, or used (found nothing on Craiglist in my area, and probably won't. I don't want one used, unless i can see/play it, and pick it up).
But i've recently heard of people saying Agiles are better, or some people's opinions are saying that.
And if i get the Epi, i want to black it out, and like i said, a lot of people say they prefer Agile, and when i came across this, my mouth dropped. It's gorgeous, exactly what i'd like in a guitar (as far as looks). Plus it has a slim tapered neck, weights 10 pounds, and has an ebony fretboard on a mahogany neck.

So i'm wondering, which should i go for, this Agile AL-3000, or the Epiphone Les Paul Standard?
It looks to me that the Agile would be better... but i'd certainly like to get opinions.
(music taste: AFI, Underoath, The Almost, Misfits, and some Black Sabbath)
O O

___
Agile it has an Ebony fretboard. But i don't think you should be looking at a new guitars, points to sig.
Quote by Ghold125
Agile it has an Ebony fretboard. But i don't think you should be looking at a new guitars, points to sig.

you forgot to [/sarcasim]
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

No.

Really not.

**cough** Spider III **cough**
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
agile
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by TheBax

i think your the on that forgot it
agile
/thread? xD
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by Ghold125
i think your the on that forgot it

Yeah, well i like my old guitar, don't get me wrong. But i'm just getting tired of it... i want to upgrade. I love the neck on my old guitar, it's really smooth and skinny, and that's why i'm really wanting this Agile right now, because like i said, it looks beautiful, AND has a skinny neck.

And about the price of it, why are Agiles so cheap?
O O

___
The neck on the slim's are not that skinny, just alittle slimmer then the normal les paul neck.
Quote by TheBax
Yeah, well i like my old guitar, don't get me wrong. But i'm just getting tired of it... i want to upgrade. I love the neck on my old guitar, it's really smooth and skinny, and that's why i'm really wanting this Agile right now, because like i said, it looks beautiful, AND has a skinny neck.

And about the price of it, why are Agiles so cheap?

theyre cheaper cause theyre direct from the warehouse, and they dont advertise everywhere or have players that they endore so they dont lose out money on that

allowing them to pass the savings to YOUUUUU!!!!!!
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
theyre cheaper cause theyre direct from the warehouse, and they dont advertise everywhere or have players that they endore so they dont lose out money on that

....that makes sense.

So, what would this guitar compare to, it looks like it's a, i guess you'd say, LP Custom copy? I mean, like which is this one the same to quality-wise(epiphones)?
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by TheBax
....that makes sense.

So, what would this guitar compare to, it looks like it's a, i guess you'd say, LP Custom copy? I mean, like which is this one the same to quality-wise(epiphones)?

id say its better quality then epiphones, at least lower ends, the only epi i would buy is like an elitist or a black beauty or the 3 pickup SG
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack

WACKY WAVY INFLATABLE ARM-FLAILING TUBEMEN!!!

Agile.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
^
FloyDZeD, is that a Family Guy reference?

So, how would this Agile compare to the Epiphone LP Custom?
O O

___
Quote by FloyDZeD

Agile.

hahahahahaha omg thats exactly what i was thinking of when i wrote that or the newest one

NOT SO FUNNY CRUDELY PAINTED YARD SIGNS! /ruins it
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Last edited by ash_attack at Jul 12, 2008,
The Agile has the solid mahogany body and binding of the Custom, but has Standard inlays and chrome hardware. And it's $200 cheaper.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
And i just noticed that it has Grover tuners on it... and it comes with my strings as the stock, D'Addarios.

I'm no Les Paul expert, but is 10lbs light for a Les Paul? It says it "Only weights 10 pounds!"
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
And i just noticed that it has Grover tuners on it... and it comes with my strings as the stock, D'Addarios.

I'm no Les Paul expert, but is 10lbs light for a Les Paul? It says it "Only weights 10 pounds!"

well i think it has a maple neck until you get up to like 3000/31000
and les pauls are usually about 12 i think, so that makes sense to me
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
im buying the rootbeer myself, when it comes back in stock
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
If you want to see a sound comparison here you go: (in order)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaxIQNkirk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZSS-GIRA8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-a90tp15I

I found this on the web and if you switch out the pickups the difference should be cosmetic if anything but you need a good each to tell the difference in this video it is the same guitar you want but with a standard neck and different finish same electrical components and wood

Happy searching I was going to get an Agile but decided to get a better amp "points to signature"
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Yeah, before you buy a new guitar, get a new amp, and a prewired pickguard for the Strat you have. I'd say you should get a blackheart. Look on Guitarfetish for wired pickguards.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
oh, no, don't worry about my amp. I'm gonna be getting a Peavey Valveking right after i get my guitar. I'm just gonna sell my old guitar (to friend who wants it for $100), and my Spider is worth $150-$200 used, so after i sell that I'll have enough money for one used, and also i forgot, i'm gonna have about $100 after i buy my guitar. So you don't need to keep suggesting getting a new amp... (i've already figured that out, haha).

I'm just figuring out which guitar i should get, i've already got the amp thing figured out. I'm just gonna get the guitar first... then pretty soon after, get an amp.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 15, 2008,
Quote by TheBax
...and my Spider is worth $150-$200 used...

you may be in for a letdown. Used SS amps aren't fetching much. EVEN GOOD ONES.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by TheBax
^
FloyDZeD, is that a Family Guy reference?

So, how would this Agile compare to the Epiphone LP Custom?

I have both the Agile 3000M (3/4" Maple cap + 1/16" Flame vs. the 1/16" Maple veneer on the 3000) and the MIJ Epi LP Custom (Elite series for the local Japanese market).

I love my Agile and use it a lot in Jazz band; however, it's nowhere close to the feel, fit, and finish of the MIJ Epi LP Custom. The frets, electronics, PUs, binding, and overall quality of the Epi is superior. Except for the name on the headstock, it's pretty close to the Gibson LP Custom. It also has the "correct" headstock shape.

You can't go wrong with either and I'm sure you'll be happy with the Agile. You'll be even happier if you upgraded your amp as already mentioned.