ive been considering building a mini recording studio in my new apartment. maybe using a Line 6 Toneport or something like that into a laptop connected to larger speakers and a subwoofer. Is this possible? Is it very expensive? Would it be worth doing all of that instead of simpling buying an amp for the same price?
It would set you back a fair bit but would definately be worth it, i'm attempting a similar thing on a much smaller scale.
Quote by aaciseric
It would set you back a fair bit but would definately be worth it, i'm attempting a similar thing on a much smaller scale.

smaller? how so, cuz i wanna keep this as simple as possible, considering i live in a 25 story apartment with loads of neighbours...
Well I just got two amps (guitar and bass), a keyboard, a Tascam Portastudio and a computer, it's not so much smaller but simplar than using a laptop (even though that sounds cool) and studio monitors (speakers).
The Toneport interfaces are fair and since they came down in price I think they are now worth getting however I found GearBox to be a letdown when it came to good tone...

The UX1 has outputs which can be run into a PA rig if you want to monitor live.