I bought a new Ibanez a few weeks ago..Here it is :

One of the reasons why was because it was limited edition But, i realised, i have no proof of how limited it is as i have no certificate ! Anybody know many how many of these were made ? Am i meant to get a certificate ?

thanks.
Daaaamn that's a fecking nice guitar. And ask the place you got it from, or like One On Sunday said, ask Ibanez themselves.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Yeah, at this point I wouldn't care. Whatever you paid for it is worth it. That is an amazing looking guitar.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I played that very guitar in my local music shop. I thought it was a piece of crap. Light vibrato made the crappy LFR go out of tune, and it just felt and sounded nasty (to me). It's only a £300 Ibanez, so I didn't expect much. Yeah it's limited edition and looks nice, but it's a piece of crap. Here's my limited edition guitar, which stays in tune..

Sexy, sexy, sexy, guitar but...

Ibanezs aren't known for being collectors items. I highly doubt that is going to appreciate in value at all over the years, especially if you plan on playing it. You shouldn't ever buy an Ibanez as some sort of investment. Even expensive sig guitars like some of Satriani's JS's don't appreciate in value.

I don't think limited edition Ibanezs come with any sort of documentation anyway. Mine didn't...

EDIT: ^ Another sexy guitar. Transparent green guitars shall rule the world!!!
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by Martin Scott
I played that very guitar in my local music shop. I thought it was a piece of crap. Light vibrato made the crappy LFR go out of tune, and it just felt and sounded nasty (to me). It's only a £300 Ibanez, so I didn't expect much. Yeah it's limited edition and looks nice, but it's a piece of crap. Here's my limited edition guitar, which stays in tune..

Looks like Agathis/plywood to me...

Very nice looking guitar... ignore the douchebag I quoted, if you like it, then it is worth it!
Quote by Martin Scott

I bet that didn't cost £300 That's quite strange. Mine had a nice weight to it and felt and sounded pretty smooth...but then again, they hooked me up to a Marshall JCM stack in the shop It still plays well, even on my crappy line 6

and thanks everyone
I wish they sold that pickguard separately, so I wouldn't have to buy a completely new guitar...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Martin Scott

and yet you can't afford a lawn mower.

TS I don't think it's a case of limited edition as in only x amount will be made, I think it's just a case of, we'll only make this guitar in 2008.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Nice guitar, Ibanez has done lots of limited edition guitars, and for ones of the lower price range they usually don't hand out certificates with them. I have one limited edition Ibanez that I got for around $385, again nice guitar but it doesn't directly mean it'll be worth a ton of money down the line generally.
I like the look of the clear pickguard on the black body, nice touch
Quote by aznrockerdude
I wish they sold that pickguard separately, so I wouldn't have to buy a completely new guitar...

I shall try and find out :]

Also, does anyone know what make of floyd rose i should buy ?

OFR's are really the only thing that are worthwhile. And just so you know, EDGE III routes aren't all the same, so it is possible some slight routing may be required.

You can find an OFR here on Warmoth.
I'm sure the posters above me have pointed this out already, but Ibanez doesn't really have very limited editions, especially in the lower price ranges.

The 20th ann. RG was a Prestige limited edition and they still made 1987 of them.

Although they have occasionally done small limited runs, these were usually either really high end (for instance the PGM700) or just regular production models in a different color.

The indication 'limited' on your guitar and other anual limited editions they've made probably means that they only make them for a certain period, usually a year.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 13, 2008,
Every summer Ibanez makes (a couple) of guitars that they only produce for a couple of months, so it's limited. But that doesn't make it a valuable guitar, they value doesn't rise or stays the same.
Yeah id get a gold OFR once that starts wearing down. You can replace it but it requires minor routing on the right side of the trem or you can file a little off the trem, extremely small. Edge III is decent when its still new/edges sharp. Most people who say a simple vibrato makes it go out of tune don't even know how to set it up 90% of the time. All my guitars have a OFR only my 87 550 has a Original Edge.

That thing looks nice. I am assuming that pick guard is transparent with laser etching right?
Quote by cruc1a7

That thing looks nice. I am assuming that pick guard is transparent with laser etching right?

Thanks for your help cruc1a7 and precisely

The paint is also black with gold flakes