Page 1 of 4
How about that?
Sorry, got swept up in the moment. Don't worry about it.

(original message btw)

And this is coming from a guy who revolves around pop punk and such.

We were just at Guitar Center, and I was playing on a Les Paul. He just picked up a Strat and just strummed random chords and said it sounded good.

...facepalm?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Last edited by md41 at Jul 13, 2008,
drums = teh pewnz0rz
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Guitar is easier than drums.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Sorry, came out wrong.. I have an idea to make this more intelligent.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by rabidguitarist

sigged

guitar people say they have to learn theory, but im a drummer and im beginning to learn theory, plus you guys dont have to learn rudiments
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Quote by rabidguitarist

This. Well actually it depends, I have no drum experience and today I could keep up a steady beat, but nothing impressive. Sure its easy to keep a simple snare and cymbal beat like its easy to play something like Smoke on the Water.

Thats nothing, try playing some Terry Bozzio, or Mike Portnoy, you will crumble, but thats not to say guitar is always easier, somethings are ridiculously complex, they can't really be compared.
Quote by md41
Sorry, came out wrong.. I have an idea to make this more intelligent.

...wtf?
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I've got to say i don't envy drummers.

Although what they're playing is pretty simple a lot of the time, there's a lot less margin of error because everyone else in the band is depending on you.

Also, you get fewer chicks.

And may spontaneously combust.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
They're just different. They're both difficult to master in different aspects. It's like saying apples are better then oranges.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
...wtf?

Sigh.. I'm just moving this thread and making a question out of it, is all >__>
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Lin

Although what they're playing is pretty simple a lot of the time, there's a lot less margin of error because everyone else in the band is depending on you.

i can say from experience that this is false
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Depends what you're more proficient in..
Hand, foot, eye coordination.
Or, well, finger speed.

I personally find drums a bit harder, just because there are so many things to take into consideration when playing.
Quote by Garou1911
They're just different. They're both difficult to master in different aspects. It's like saying apples are better then oranges.

Oranges are better
Quote by Lin

False. They get considerably more.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
both are as difficult as you make them out to be

not everyone becomes Steve Gadd or Al Di Meola
Quote by lotsofvolume
Depends what you're more proficient in..
Hand, foot, eye coordination.
Or, well, finger speed.

I personally find drums a bit harder, just because there are so many things to take into consideration when playing.

All right, well I'm not being ignorant towards drummers, but it's the fact that he can just say that and not even try it (guitar).
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Garou1911

Are you telling me that oranges are better than apples? Ha, that's a joke!
Quote by rabidguitarist

+1.

Drums are a lot harder, a lot of people take drummers for granted. Drummers have to always stay in perfect time or the song gets ****ed up majorly. Also, we have to be really creative and know a lot of different styles of drumming. The thing is, guitar is usually the lead instrument in a song. As a guitarist, you get to write whatever you want and play whatever you think of. As a drummer, we have to hear what you are playing and have to match a drum beat with whatever riff you wrote (excluding acoustic of course, in which case drums are normally not needed). Whenever your guitar changes, normally our drum beat has to as well.

Another thing drummers have to cope with is being able to use both arms and both legs in perfect coordination. Keep in mind, doing this is standard for drummers and anyone who plays drums is expected to do this. Also, drums is WAY more physically demanding than guitar, no offense to guitarists.

In short, guitar and drums are way different from one another so it's hard to compare the two (strings vs. percussion = wtf?) but having experience with both, I can honestly tell you drums are harder.
Quote by Another bassist
+1.

Drums are a lot harder, a lot of people take drummers for granted. Drummers have to always stay in perfect time or the song gets ****ed up majorly. Also, we have to be really creative and know a lot of different styles of drumming. The thing is, guitar is usually the lead instrument in a song. As a guitarist, you get to write whatever you want and play whatever you think of. As a drummer, we have to hear what you are playing and have to match a drum beat with whatever riff you wrote (excluding acoustic of course, in which case drums are normally not needed). Whenever your guitar changes, normally our drum beat has to as well.

Another thing drummers have to cope with is being able to use both arms and both legs in perfect coordination. Keep in mind, doing this is standard for drummers and anyone who plays drums is expected to do this. Also, drums is WAY more physically demanding than guitar, no offense to guitarists.

In short, guitar and drums are way different from one another so it's hard to compare the two (strings vs. percussion = wtf?) but having experience with both, I can honestly tell you drums are harder.

All right, works. At least you can say it from having experience in both, really.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
um...wtf?

First off I don't really think it should matter what type of music you listen to. My one friend (drummer) listens to mostly pop punk bands like Red Jumpsuit, Cute is What We Aim For, FOB, Boys Like Girls etc., and he's one hell of a drummer, he always ends up turning heads when we hit up Guitar Center.

I think we should all agree that Bass is easier than everything (Srry John Myung and Stu Hamm)

EDIT: and for the record drums are harder... your friend > you
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Quote by Another bassist
Also, drums is WAY more physically demanding than guitar, no offense to guitarists.

I sweat like a motherfucker everytime i play drums for more than an hour

but it is the main reason my forearms are twice as thick as the average person my ages
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Quote by Zacky Zoijian

but it is the main reason my forearms are twice as thick as the average person my ages

i just finished playing for 2 hours and im sweaty as hell
Quote by Six_One_Zipp

I think we should all agree that Bass is easier than everything (Srry John Myung and Stu Hamm)

Whats absolutely hilarious is listening to guitar players try to play bass.
Quote by Zacky Zoijian

but it is the main reason my forearms are twice as thick as the average person my ages is because i fap every 5 minutes

Fixed
They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Drums require more rhythm and dynamics, while guitar requires more memorization and technicality. Both require a good amount of speed, precision, accuracy, and coordination. None is harder or easier than the other.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by Zacky Zoijian
sigged

guitar people say they have to learn theory, but im a drummer and im beginning to learn theory, plus you guys dont have to learn rudiments

Yeah try having to use EVERY RUDIMENT in a snare solo! Hard as ****.
Quote by rabidguitarist

gotta agree... in one way...

sure, drums doesn't have nearly as many notes to keep track of, but instead you got to use your whole body, and keep them well coordinated.

If you focus to much on the right hand, the bass foot might get off beat = disaster if your playing something hard.

but on the other hand if you focus on the bass foot too much everything else might get off beat...

I find it much easier to drum if I look out my window instead of the drums and just let the body do what it want
You like it
Quote by rabidguitarist

This.

Drums require extreme syncopation, concentration, and coordination.

Especially jazz and extreme metal drumming.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
There is more techniques on the guitar i think. Respect drummers though, a good drummer is worth a lot in a band. every member is.
Quote by linus.d
gotta agree... in one way...

sure, drums doesn't have nearly as many notes to keep track of, but instead you got to use your whole body, and keep them well coordinated.

If you focus to much on the right hand, the bass foot might get off beat = disaster if your playing something hard.

but on the other hand if you focus on the bass foot too much everything else might get off beat...

I find it much easier to drum if I look out my window instead of the drums and just let the body do what it want

Think about it his way

Guitar-2 Limbs
Drums-4 Limbs
Page 1 of 4