This morning i rather clumsily hit my guitar against the top corner of my amp, causing it to dent and crack the paint slightly. The slight dent doesn't bother me much, but i'm slightly anxious incase the crack(s) will cause the finish to flake off over time. So i'm in a bit of a pickle about what to do about it - any advice?
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
If it's like this, I'm pretty sure you can just repaint it.
Attachments:
Guitar Scratch.JPG
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by lotsofvolume
Do you have a picture of it?

Camera not working great at the moment, and I'm not sure it would show up well anyway.
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
idk if this would work, but i wonder if that automotive scratch stuff would work

the kind that fills in the scratch and makes it magically disappear! lol
You could pick out any loose flakes and drop fill it with superglue or poly.
Moving on.....
What kind of paint should he use for touch ups? (Sorry, don't mean to hyjack the thread but it seems on topic to me). High gloss acryllic, spray paint, exterior acryllic, etc.... ?? Any specific brand recommended? I have a couple of nicks too but don't want to put anything on them that will make it look even worse.

Thanks.
Someone suggested to me applying nail varnish or something similar to it to prevent flaking. Is this a good idea?

Quote by TheClincher
bump

Quote by TheClincher
It really depends upon the finish type you have! If you have nitrocellulous (laquer) you can drop fill with laquer or superglue (and accelerant). If you have a polyurethane finish you can use poly or superglue. Dan Erlewine's book has some good touchup tips in it and I'm sure there's more on the Web as well.
Moving on.....
Just leave it. It gives your guitar character.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??