Ok I got a budget of $120 and I need an amp. I know that with this money I will not be able to get the best one out there but this is just a simple practice bedroom amp to use in my college dorm. I have a Marshall half stack at home. Anyways I have come to some choices.

Roland MicroCube
Fender 15R Frontman
Line 6 Series II
Roland Cube 15X
Marshall MG10CD

As for tone I know that they are not gonna blow my mind but hey it's just to fiddle around while I'm away from home. I have an AL-2000 and play RHCP, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Led Zep, etc. I am not looking for a metal SUPER distorted tone, just one that may accommodate what I play. So what would you choose? Also the effects are not THAT important, the only only one I may ever use is maybe reverb, since I do not use effects that much.
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT

Oh yeah DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get the MG or the Line 6
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Oh yeah DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get the MG or the Line 6

Funny I thought someone was going to say that lol
the micro cube will do u well
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i quite like the roland cubes, got a micro one myself and i always use it 2 practice
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
i quite like the roland cubes, got a micro one myself and i always use it 2 practice

What about the 15x and the microcube? the micro has amp modelling and effects but the 15x has no effects, but it has treble, bass, gain, tuner, power squeezer, etc. How do you like your micro as opposed to the 15x?
mybbrothers friend let me use his cube 15x which made me want a microcube. i think the micro cube is better.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by cad2blender
What about the 15x and the microcube? the micro has amp modelling and effects but the 15x has no effects, but it has treble, bass, gain, tuner, power squeezer, etc. How do you like your micro as opposed to the 15x?

eh.. I think the Vox would be more suited for your style of playing.. The Cubes are more "metal"
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I had a Vox DA10 (sold it) and have 2 Roland's - I LOVE ROLAND. They'll do more than just Metal. The Vox did have a fantastic sound but I'm a Roland "type of guy"... They're GREAT AMPS for any kind of music and I play mostly Blues and Classic Rock (and a lil' Metal too...).
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!