I got a six string bass yesterday. It REALLY NEEDS NEW STRINGS. Apparently, it has been there since the store opened, but no one bought it (Although it was frequently played; it has epic tone). I'm going to do some crazy mods to it, but the first thing I need to do for the mods is to get a high F string. Does anyone know where I could buy a set of strings (Ernie Balls are my favorite) for a seven string bass?
what a sx string bass is tuned B E A D G C, a 7 string is tuned F# B E A D G C so a 7 string set for a bass wont help you

and why would you wanna tune E A D G C F by the way

so all in all i havent helped you at all just buy a really light gauged 6 string set or something i dunno lol
I am me. Live with it.
there is know F string, unless your down tuning 2 steps down
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
GHS makes 'em. I got a 7 string set for $21, $3 a string. I got them through someone who said they'd still cost the same if you call them up.

Yes, and the 7 string set did include a high F.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

sweet, thanks. I'm going with delirium bassist's idea. I can get just that one string. If you are curious as towards the mod, here's a brief description I just typed up:

I have several basses, and one bass-playing friend in my school(which doesn't really work because he is lefty). I have a good dozen or so guitarist friends in my school. Every single one of the guitarists plays my epiphone thunderbird because it is so sexy looking (that was my first bass.... bad idea). I am modding my six string bass so it can become an octaved guitar with two button presses using two drop keys on high B and F strings. This has many potential applications, not the least of which is having a useful diversion for all the guitarists on this forum who go "I'm a guitarist, how do I play bass?" Simply put, I am attempting to create the unholy child of guitar and bass by making a guitar an octave lower.
Quote by Rofl_Wafls
sweet, thanks. I'm going with delirium bassist's idea. I can get just that one string. If you are curious as towards the mod, here's a brief description I just typed up:

I have several basses, and one bass-playing friend in my school(which doesn't really work because he is lefty). I have a good dozen or so guitarist friends in my school. Every single one of the guitarists plays my epiphone thunderbird because it is so sexy looking (that was my first bass.... bad idea). I am modding my six string bass so it can become an octaved guitar with two button presses using two drop keys on high B and F strings. This has many potential applications, not the least of which is having a useful diversion for all the guitarists on this forum who go "I'm a guitarist, how do I play bass?" Simply put, I am attempting to create the unholy child of guitar and bass by making a guitar an octave lower.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea. Let me know how it works out. I'm very interested.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Rofl_Wafls
Simply put, I am attempting to create the unholy child of guitar and bass by making a guitar an octave lower.

This does exist, the fender bass VI tuned EADGBe with 3 singe coil pickups and a trem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_VI

http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=1500060800
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I think that bass is too much a guitar though..... not only are the strings really light (the low E is .95), the scale too short (30"), and the strings too close together, it has a whammy bar (which I am actually really jealous of). Also, I don't want it to be permanently in guitar tuning, I want to add a hipshot so I can hit buttons for only when my guitar friends over. I do, however, give you mad props for finding this bass, regardless of how unoriginal I now feel.
Quote by Rofl_Wafls
I think that bass is too much a guitar though..... not only are the strings really light (the low E is .95), the scale too short (30"), and the strings too close together, it has a whammy bar (which I am actually really jealous of). Also, I don't want it to be permanently in guitar tuning, I want to add a hipshot so I can hit buttons for only when my guitar friends over. I do, however, give you mad props for finding this bass, regardless of how unoriginal I now feel.

Sorry to burst the bubble on you, I'd love to get my hands on one eventually, the wiki says it a good soloists instrument, altho I'm pretty sure its more of a picked instrument rather than fingered.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
It's cool. Apparently, there are a bunch of them at guitar centers about 60 miles away from you. If you are willing to make the drive, they'd probably let you play them (although I am not sure about their stance on custom Fenders).
Did you look up where I live? thats slightly creep, but thanks for the tip. I've never actually been in a guitar center actually.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
I clicked on your profile. In hindsight, it actually is mad creepy, but it only took 3 seconds and one click. I thought you'd appreciate the tip. What's creepier is that my aunt lives in Hyde Park.
Quote by Rofl_Wafls
I think that bass is too much a guitar though..... not only are the strings really light (the low E is .95), the scale too short (30").

I play a 4 string bass and use a 0.95 gauge E ( Which I even tune down to D for some of my bands songs, and I drop the entire set down a step when playing Death ).

Light Gauge =/= guitar-like, especially when it's still about double the thickness of a guitar's lowest strings.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Quote by Rofl_Wafls
I clicked on your profile. In hindsight, it actually is mad creepy, but it only took 3 seconds and one click. I thought you'd appreciate the tip. What's creepier is that my aunt lives in Hyde Park.

wow that is a little wierd, no worries about looking at the profile, I mostly pointed it out for the lolz
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid