Quote by Nicko430
Ok I've narrowed it down to these 2 awesome pedals the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone or the Boss ML-2 Metal Core. Im trying to figure out which is the better of the two and the diffrences between them.

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productlist.php?ParentId=90 <-- link to the two pedals

my advice; there both ****, i had the mt-2 and got sick of it after 3 months. As with the ml-2 my friend got one but i don't no what he hears in that thing.
Well if my guitar teacher suggested it i doubt it's that bad. And if you absolutely hate it atleast reccomend one you think is better.
Quote by Nicko430
Well if my guitar teacher suggested it i doubt it's that bad. And if you absolutely hate it atleast reccomend one you think is better.

unless your teacher is Yoda, dont take every thing he says to heart...
the way you shape your sound can only come best from you, after weighing advice from everyone who offers it...
just dont take one person's word and defend them against others' words...

personally, i dont know squat about either of those pedals, so i'm no help there.....
your best bet is to try lots of them out, and find what you like....
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
I own the BOSS Metal Zone and I think it's a Great Pedal. My friends here in town like the Metal Zone but people on these forums hate them for some reason. The Metal Zone is more adjustable than the Metal Core. My local guitar shop says the the Metal Zone is one of the most popular pedals. Try both is the only way to find out.
Quote by Impress93
metal muff

80's metal..........the metal zone. all bases covered the metal muff hands down.
it has a much bigger sound. i was able to get a great tone in seconds of pluging it in. it covers all types of metal distortion. and the top boost is sweet. give it a try i was suprised to say the least.
But guys, according to the description on the Boss website, the ML-2 is good for CRUSHING metal riffs.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Don't get both. People really need to explore more rather than narrowing into one brand. I hate boss.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Id say the metal muff, its sound is alot fuller than the metal zone. I tried the metal zone at guitar center and it just sounded thin and very trebly. The metal muff had a much larger low end then the metal zone, giving it alot fuller sound. You can eq it to match up or get very close to any type of metal. The top boost is great as well for solos, it will make your signal louder which will put you above anyone else who you happen to play with.

I hate when people suggest stuff or tell you things are crappy and dont give reasons, but yeah thats what i think.

Metal muff ftw!

but really its up to you, if you like the metal zone, why not get it because some stupid kids here tell you not?
Quote by _KurtCobain_77

I'v tried them both and they are pretty decent but they lack mids. IMO they aren't good for solos. Get a sansamp gt-2.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

You shouldn't ask people what is good and what isn't. Everyone has different ears and like different sounds. I love the metal zone myself because i love crazy ****ing sounds, period. I've tried both the metal zone and metal core and i like the MT-2 for the high treble. If i cant play insane chugging and pinch harmonics i will be pissed off. Anyway, you can always go to the stores and try some out. Try looking on the interwebs for some demos of pedals too, youtube is great for that sometimes. What kind of sounds are you looking to replicate? The boss pedals tend to be hard to use and take a while of messing around before you get what you want. The metal muffs that were suggested are apparently more popular but just aren't as wild and un-tamed.

Thats enough of my rambling on, just make sure you dont let people tell you what you want. The only bad sound is feedback and even that is only bad when you don't want it. Use what you want!
Quote by Aric666
You shouldn't ask people what is good and what isn't. Everyone has different ears and like different sounds. I love the metal zone myself because i love crazy ****ing sounds, period. I've tried both the metal zone and metal core and i like the MT-2 for the high treble. If i cant play insane chugging and pinch harmonics i will be pissed off. Anyway, you can always go to the stores and try some out. Try looking on the interwebs for some demos of pedals too, youtube is great for that sometimes. What kind of sounds are you looking to replicate? The boss pedals tend to be hard to use and take a while of messing around before you get what you want. The metal muffs that were suggested are apparently more popular but just aren't as wild and un-tamed.

Thats enough of my rambling on, just make sure you dont let people tell you what you want. The only bad sound is feedback and even that is only bad when you don't want it. Use what you want!

The treble on the MT-2 sounds very brittle and very shrill.
Youtube is never great for getting an idea of how gear sounds due to the low quality audio sampling.
Boss pedals are not hard to use.
I'd generally refer to "wild and un-tamed" as anything BUT the non-articulated, flat response MT-2. It sounds far too controlled no matter how you play the guitar. The metal muff, on the other hand, isn't quite as lacking in the dynamics department, which means you can give it a wild, unpredictable sound with wild, unpredictable playing.

ok, i feel like i'm being mean to new people now...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.