i can get it for around $500

if it good for metal

I know that marshall isnt great at making SS amps but how is this one ?
Don't bother with it, get this instead: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

Its metal tones are more than good enough for most, if not all, applications.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ehh, its decent. I started out with an avt150, which was ok. The cleans/acoustic simulator were pretty good. The OD was really good until I heard real marshalls. Depends if this is for long term, or just a beginning/intermidiete amp for you.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i was looking at it for gigs

ive been playing line 6's for a while, and im used to the amount of gain i can get out of them

so im looking for a amp with tons of gain - pedals, but has better tone than line 6's
Quote by Impress93
i was looking at it for gigs

ive been playing line 6's for a while, and im used to the amount of gain i can get out of them

so im looking for a amp with tons of gain - pedals, but has better tone than line 6's

For your budget I still recommend the Valve King, it can do pretty good metal tones, especially if you put a decent OD pedal in front.

If you can find a used Randall it would be pretty good but you might be a bit hard pressed to find a 5150/6505 for under $500.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.