Iv been playing guitar for quite some time now. And people that ask me if its ok to plug there bass into a guitar amp. I have alwase told them no. I figure it will have a bad tone and two the transistor will be effected. And at guitar center they kick your ass if you plug a bass into a guitar amp. But then some one told me it was ok to do such a thing then i asked others and i got mixed answers. I just want to know once and for all, not talking about tone, Will a bass guitar plugged into a low watt or high watt guitar amp cause any damage to the amp, either the internal electronics or the speaker itself. Cuseing it to not preform at its factory made abilities. If you really don't know then don't post I don't want to be mislead.
It's not the amp, it's the speakers that might not be able to handle the bass frequencies.
yes. its the speakers that cant handle it. you can plug a guitar to a bass amp but not a bass to a guitar amp.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
ok a addtion to this question: On micro amps (2-6 watts) that have micro speakers built for guitars, often have a aux port or a mic port, the dealer and the manufacturer say that you can plug any instrument into these ports, and there listed in writing they often list guitar, bass , or mics. So in this case does any one know? People have asked me before on this and i thought my be they want the bass to go through a bass amp and then into the micro amp. This would be very useful because i use micro amps for street performances. thanks
Quote by Ganshar
ok a addtion to this question: On micro amps (2-6 watts) that have micro speakers built for guitars, often have a aux port or a mic port, the dealer and the manufacturer say that you can plug any instrument into these ports, and there listed in writing they often list guitar, bass , or mics. So in this case does any one know? People have asked me before on this and i thought my be they want the bass to go through a bass amp and then into the micro amp. This would be very useful because i use micro amps for street performances. thanks

You probably could but they make a Micro Amp for bass.
You can play bass through guitar amps. I wouldn't reccomending performing with a bass into a guitar amp, but it's fine for practice.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Could be crabs? I would see your doctor...

smart ass
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"