Hey everybody,
I had a band that I was getting started september of last year. I had one of my best friends playing bass, he didn't even really play before that. Me and him went a local shop and he got a bass, and by the time we jammed the next day, he had learned about 15 different songs. He was doing good as far as continuing to learn and make songs, but lately he hasn't been dedicated at all. In fact, his bass has been at my house for about a month now, and the only time it gets play is when I decide to pick it up and mess around.
Another problem was the drummer. He was another guy I've known for a while, but we never really talked until I found out he played drums and he found out I was looking for a drummer. He's the only drummer I know of around here right now, but when we had our thing going he seamed to jam at his old band members house. Once we got some songs together, I came to find out that he was playing a show with his old band which supposably broke up, and then it seamed like whenever we had practice he decided to practice with those guys.
Around the time we were looking for a guitarist, we found a guy Greg, who come to find out is my cousin. We started jamming alot, even when we weren't having practice we still got together and wrote some stuff. After playing for a while, he decided that he wanted to go a whole different way the music, and start playing death metal, stuff like Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus. Me on the other hand, was going for more of the Five Finger Death Punch kind of stuff. He agreed to play that style, but his style seamed alot different then mine. When we just jammed at my place, he also used my gear most of the time. So we go to practice, and I find that he's a complete tone noob, the kind of guy who things cranking everything to 10 is the way to go at all times lol.
Anyways, in the end, things didn't work out. The guitarist had left to start something (which still isn't started, and he's now telling me that theres no reason to have a bassist) and the bassist is more in the 'rap' scene then anything. The drummer keeps asking me about playing, but honestly his playing dosn't seam all that great, and I'm not sure he is really as dedicated as I am to everything.

My whole problem here is, I have nobody to jam with anymore, and I really wanna get something going. A few weeks ago I had these guys come over, because I was trying out for them because they felt they needed a new guitarist. They loved my playing, and they said my tone was pretty legit, which was cool because they're a pretty well known band in my area, but it turns out that I didn't have a ride back and forth to practices. I still don't have a ride back and forth, depending on the days, and I can't think of any way to find people around me. Does anybody have any idea's of how I would go about this? Should I just wait it out until I get my license in 7 months? I'm really stuck on what to do right now.

Thank you to anybody replies, although I'm not sure if anybody would even read a post that long lol.
first of all u spelled seem wrong every single time in that post

second, put ads in the paper, on mypsace if u have it, on ug anywhere u can that u are looking for people to jam with
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
your tone was legit?
Is that even a complement?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Sorry about the spelling.
Anyways, I've been putting bullintons up on myspace, but haven't gotten many responses. I was getting a few offers every week, but they were all into the hardcore/screamo music, which I was never really fond of. I didn't think of putting ads in the paper, so I'll probably do that. I also see some ads on craigslist around here, so I may do that just incase somebody wineds up seeing it. Also, putting something on here seams like a good idea too. I've only been on here for a few days and have already seen a good number of people from New Jersey. Thanks for the help.
Quote by caraluzzo
Sorry about the spelling.
Anyways, I've been putting bullintons up on myspace, but haven't gotten many responses. I was getting a few offers every week, but they were all into the hardcore/screamo music, which I was never really fond of. I didn't think of putting ads in the paper, so I'll probably do that. I also see some ads on craigslist around here, so I may do that just incase somebody wineds up seeing it. Also, putting something on here seams like a good idea too. I've only been on here for a few days and have already seen a good number of people from New Jersey. Thanks for the help.

edit : im sorry
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by caraluzzo
Hey everybody,
I had a band that I was getting started september of last year. I had one of my best friends playing bass, he didn't even really play before that. Me and him went a local shop and he got a bass, and by the time we jammed the next day, he had learned about 15 different songs. He was doing good as far as continuing to learn and make songs, but lately he hasn't been dedicated at all. In fact, his bass has been at my house for about a month now, and the only time it gets play is when I decide to pick it up and mess around.
Another problem was the drummer. He was another guy I've known for a while, but we never really talked until I found out he played drums and he found out I was looking for a drummer. He's the only drummer I know of around here right now, but when we had our thing going he seamed to jam at his old band members house. Once we got some songs together, I came to find out that he was playing a show with his old band which supposably broke up, and then it seamed like whenever we had practice he decided to practice with those guys.
Around the time we were looking for a guitarist, we found a guy Greg, who come to find out is my cousin. We started jamming alot, even when we weren't having practice we still got together and wrote some stuff. After playing for a while, he decided that he wanted to go a whole different way the music, and start playing death metal, stuff like Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus. Me on the other hand, was going for more of the Five Finger Death Punch kind of stuff. He agreed to play that style, but his style seamed alot different then mine. When we just jammed at my place, he also used my gear most of the time. So we go to practice, and I find that he's a complete tone noob, the kind of guy who things cranking everything to 10 is the way to go at all times lol.
Anyways, in the end, things didn't work out. The guitarist had left to start something (which still isn't started, and he's now telling me that theres no reason to have a bassist) and the bassist is more in the 'rap' scene then anything. The drummer keeps asking me about playing, but honestly his playing dosn't seam all that great, and I'm not sure he is really as dedicated as I am to everything.

It's a simple choice, if you feel you can make something out of it, jam, if not, jam for the hell of it anyway, you might as well if you ain't doing anything else.

Quote by caraluzzo

My whole problem here is, I have nobody to jam with anymore, and I really wanna get something going. A few weeks ago I had these guys come over, because I was trying out for them because they felt they needed a new guitarist. They loved my playing, and they said my tone was pretty legit, which was cool because they're a pretty well known band in my area, but it turns out that I didn't have a ride back and forth to practices. I still don't have a ride back and forth, depending on the days, and I can't think of any way to find people around me. Does anybody have any idea's of how I would go about this? Should I just wait it out until I get my license in 7 months? I'm really stuck on what to do right now.

Bus? Train? Arrange to pay one of the other guys petrol money if he comes and picks you up? Keep your gear where they practice and buy a bicycle?
If a band are worth making the effort for, then make the effort, things will get easier after 7 months anyway so whatever you do will only be a temporary measure.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 14, 2008,