so i have a epiphone g400 and the neck heavy is really getting to me so i am returning it .. i went to samash and i checked out the mim fender stratocaster hss and a epiphone les paul standard and i like BOTH alot .. and now i dont know what to do .. they both had pros and cons so i couldnt decide and left the store .. im going back tommorrow to pick one which im still undecided .. what do my fellow ug friends think .. i play almost every genre and i like everything from clean to distorted
take it easy man .. its just a thread
i like oranges personally.

I really like MIM Strats obviously so if you want something different find a good one and buy it. ask how many days you have to return if you don't like. I think it is 12 days for guitars but i don't remember. (Edit: at Guitar Center for example)
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 13, 2008,
what style of music will you be playing the most and what amp are you using?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
The Strat might well be a higher quality. I personally like strat's more than Les Paul's. But if you play EVERYTHING an HSS strat might be more versatile
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i got a line 6 spyder 111 30 watt which i will also be exchanging for a vox valvetronix 30w .. i dont really play and genre mostly to be honest .. the return time for guitars is 30days .. and exchange time is 45 days
wow - nice upgrades coming one way or the other!
:congrats:

all i can say is if you're not totally happy with what you have a change may be in order and with a 45 day exchange - go to town.

also check out some other guitars. go early in the morning.
so i went to samash today and i walked in with my g400 and my line6III30watt .. and i left with my g400 and i vox valvetronix30watt .. the amp is amazing but i still couldnt make up my mind on the guitars .. i have narrowed them down to just the les pauls but now i cant think of which one to get .. the plain top, the quilted, the goth, sigh .. what to do
If you're going to go with a LP, the quilted is pretty, even if I don't like quilted tops. The goth looks cool, but I don't think it would really suit you.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Today I got a used Standard Plus for $350. Really, you're only paying for cosmetics, so get what looks (and plays) the best to you.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
i went with the ebony studio and i love it .. i hope the pearloid pickguard i ordered will fit correctly .. i bought it from guitarfetish.com and it says its for import les pauls
Quote by timmyinpajamas
i went with the ebony studio and i love it .. i hope the pearloid pickguard i ordered will fit correctly .. i bought it from guitarfetish.com and it says its for import les pauls

Epiphone or Gibson?

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712