So, i have a faulty diamond memory lane [series 1]. I have to send it back to Canada to get it repaired. However, they insist on me sending it via "regular post" or "express post" but NOT fedex or UPS. What is regular post then? Is it just packin the unit and stuffing it inside one of those mailboxes on the corner of streets?
My guess is USPS.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Umm... its the one that delivers your mail to your mail box.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Umm... its the one that delivers your mail to your mail box.

hmm.. ok.

and i would deliver by going to the town post officE?
Moot.
Quote by mootlechan
and i would deliver by going to the town post officE?

Yes.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
They don't want you using UPS or Fedex because those couriers charge an extra service fee to the recipient when delivering in Canada. The post office doesn't charge any extra fees.

BTW, "USPS" means "United States Postal Service"; e.g., the post office.
Quote by amp_surgeon
They don't want you using UPS or Fedex because those couriers charge an extra service fee to the recipient when delivering in Canada. The post office doesn't charge any extra fees.

BTW, "USPS" means "United States Postal Service"; e.g., the post office.

yea, thats what the canadian guy told me.

thanks so much to all of you.
Moot.
wait, so if i wanted to send via fedex of ups, i would have to register somewhere??
Moot.
Quote by mootlechan
wait, so if i wanted to send via fedex of ups, i would have to register somewhere??

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, but no - you don't have to register. You can just walk into any UPS or Fedex shipping location, fill out the shipping voucher, hand them your cash (or whatever payment method), and be on your way.

You only have to register if you want to pay for shipping online. You can do the same with the post office (usps.com). This is convenient because you can print your shipping labels and then just drop off your packages, or even have them come and pick them up. It's especially convenient when using the post office to ship international because you can fill out the customs forms online.

In case you weren't aware, unless you're sending an envelope where the contents have very little value, you have to fill out customs forms to ship to Canada through the post office. The customs forms MUST be placed in an "official" 2976-E plastic envelope which is attached to the package. The envelope is 10" x 7.5", and it can't wrap around the sides of the package because customs officials need to be able to remove and replace the forms. This means your box must be at least 10" x 7.5" on one side.

UPS and Fedex are easier (though more expensive) to ship international, but they make both sender and receiver pay fees, which is kind of screwing the guy you're sending stuff to.