i ALWAYS sit and play, but now i'm trying a bit to stand and play and im having a real hard time. the riffs i can usually do easily are very hard satnding. is their always a learning curve like this? i assume i just gotta keep practicing right?
Make sure that you set the strap to hold the guitar to a level on your body that is near where the guitar is when you're sitting down, that will help alot .... but you'll probably set the strap a little lower as your gonna look like you play in the beetles xD
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Yea just make sure that your guitar is at a comfortable height,

I had my bass down as low as i could get it ( cuz it looks damn cool lol) but it was hard to play certian things, raised the strap up a bit and it made it so much better
I play with my bass low enough so my picking hand can pick the highest string with my arm bent.
ok i would do the following:
  • Practice standing more often
  • Adjust strap to comfortable body height
  • Look at the angle of your guitar neck while sitting, and match when standing
  • Check your hand position when standing

hope this helped
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Try to put the guitar in a position similar to when you're sitting down. If you want it lower, adjust the strap little by little over time.
Quote by AeroRocker
ok i would do the following:
  • Practice standing more often
  • Adjust strap to comfortable body height
  • Look at the angle of your guitar neck while sitting, and match when standing
  • Check your hand position when standing

hope this helped

pretty much these explained it all.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

and yes its a real common problem when first learning to play standing, there are a bunch of other threads about this.