Anyone had any experiences with it? I can get it used cheap by someone. It has some good feedback on musicians site but i would like your opinion aswell. Theres also some amps.. Marshall MG100HDFX i believe but i have no clue about that. Would love to receive answers by both of these amps. Thanks.
...What!?
I would love to have a kinda cheap amp (reason why i want used) to play some good metal, would love some fat and beefy tone. I have a pretty wide budget but im saving for driver license and such.
...What!?
600 bucks would be alot due to the fact that the norwegian krone is worth less in USA. Im not saying im buying in the US, but just so you guys don't think im a cheap wimp if this is little money.
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
I would love to have a kinda cheap amp (reason why i want used) to play some good metal, would love some fat and beefy tone. I have a pretty wide budget but im saving for driver license and such.

Fat and beefy its not, i used to own a VS100 Valvestate its marshall voiced so it does have a decent tone but its still thin and still an SS.

Its a decent practice amp though...
Got some suggestions for a fat and beefy sounding amp?
...What!?
Never owned a tube amp before, i loved the one i played at the studio Honestly i've got no idea how must they chost around here and which one is good, im sorry for not knowing heh..
So you think Tube amps would good for like bedroom playing also? I always thought buying tube amps would for live only and stuff like that ;o Im a amp noob
...What!?
Last edited by Ergin at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by Ergin
Never owned a tube amp before, i loved the one i played at the studio Honestly i've got no idea how must they chost around here and which one is good, im sorry for not knowing heh..
So you think Tube amps would good for like bedroom playing also? I always thought buying tube amps would for live only and stuff like that ;o Im a amp noob

Generally a tube amp at any volume will kill a SS amp so dont be afraid of the wattage. Sure there gonna be louder if you crank them but that one is under your conrtol. I'm running two 100+ watt heads in stereo right not and its fine for bedroom use. You should probably hit up a few stores and get an idea on the prices. Its hard to say what you have over there being im in the U.S.
Hehe sounds awesome, i might as well check it out later. Thanks. Do you think i could make a deal by buying used instead of new? The only problem is that it is fairly few amps i see that is actually featured in my local guitar shops, but i have their websites with their prices if that helps.

Could you just trow some random good tube amps names at me?
...What!?
Okay from my local sites i find only these: www.riff.no (go into nettbutikk if your not familiar with norwegian, long times since i've been there :p)

and www.tre45.no

This is the site i use most, which is a web shop kinda thing: www.Sound1.com
I think these sites kinda sucks, thats why i don't go there

Edit: And thanks man for helping me out
...What!?
Last edited by Ergin at Jul 12, 2008,
No problem man...

Heres the best i could come up with from those sites

Tube
Engl
Vox
Blackheart
Valve Junior

SS amps
Line 6 Flextone's are decent and fun to practice with.
Randall RG series are decent as well.
Roland Cube's are decent as well.

Other then the website..
Peavey, Ultra, XXX, JSX, 5150
Krank, Rev Jr.

Also what type of music do you play because that has a big effect on what amp you pick as well..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 13, 2008,
Yeah as i said above i would like a metal amp with beefy and fat tune . I alerady got a Cube. Do you think i should go for tube rather than Solid State when im searching for this sound? I've seen the Vox amps for a while, i think there was a ad30vt i found interesting, but i have jet to buy due to not knowing enough about it.
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
Yeah as i said above i would like a metal amp with beefy and fat tune . I alerady got a Cube. Do you think i should go for tube rather than Solid State when im searching for this sound? I've seen the Vox amps for a while, i think there was a ad30vt i found interesting, but i have jet to buy due to not knowing enough about it.

Opps didn't see the metal part in your post... Also do you play Thrash, Modern, Progressive, Death, Nu-Metal and so on...

Theres not many chioce's off the sites, but i would say tube 100% if you can find one. Vox isn't going to be the best choice for metal unless you playing more of the real classic stuff then it might cut it, same with the blackheart and valve junior. But it all depends on what you can find... Those are just some maybes but not the best options by any means was just giving you a list of amps that were decent. And i didnt notice the metal part

I would hit up the used market and look for the other amps list i gave you and see what you can come up with.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 13, 2008,
Thanks You rock. So the other amp names you have me would be decent with metal? I also play some classic stuff as you mentioned, but im a really huge fan of the fat beefy sound, kinda like this sound http://youtube.com/watch?v=7AvTPNQnBSo (F zero yaay)

This guy plugged a Pod xt straight into the comp, i was also thinking about buying this pod, but im most likely gonna play trough a tube amp in the future. ;p
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
Thanks You rock. So the other amp names you have me would be decent with metal? I also play some classic stuff as you mentioned, but im a really huge fan of the fat beefy sound, kinda like this sound http://youtube.com/watch?v=7AvTPNQnBSo (F zero yaay)

This guy plugged a Pod xt straight into the comp, i was also thinking about buying this pod, but im most likely gonna play trough a tube amp in the future. ;p

Well a pod in amp form is the Flextone i mentioned and there pretty decent. It might be the best option for you until you stumble across a good tube amp.
As for now i only got a MicroCube and i dunno how a Pod XT would sound trough it.. any idea?
...What!?
So i should buy a tube amp before i get a pod, and i'll stick with the microcube meanwhile?
...What!?
Hey i checked out the Peavey ValveKing 112, and saw some videos on youtube, sounds pretty cool. So if you could compare it to my current microcube, how would it be?
...What!?
It blows it out of the water i have one.... Only issue is it takes a pretty big push to get it into metal territory. Stock it still sounds decent but gets a whole lot better the more you put into it.
It sounded pretty awesome, i saw a guy doing alot of sweeping trough it and i could never do that trough a microcube. Another dude said that awell. Do you think it would sound good with the Pod as well? The amp sounded awesome, i believe i would keep it stock if i bought it. Thanks again, you rock.
...What!?
What? You can't sweep through a microcube?? :S

POD's an amp modeller. Valveking is a tube amp. Sure they will go decently together, but I think running a modeller through an all tube amplifier would kind of defeat and purpose. Use the tube distortion on the amp
Gear:
M'Gerada classical guitar (first crappy guitar)
Epiphone Les Paul 100 (sold)
Laney 15w SS (sold)
Cheapo Aldi Acoustic
Pocket Pod (borken)
Ibanez RGR421
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Yeah i was thinking about it. Would dist pedals be okay aswell or will it just mess up the sound?`

Yeah the microcube sounds a little weird when i try to sweep trough it.
...What!?
Microcube should sound fine, it works as a nice little practice amp for a lot of genres :P

Dist pedals would kinda kill the sound if you ran it into a tube amplifier. I'd stay away from them unless you go for the expensive ones.

If you need new amplifier, get a valveking...should last you awhile.
Gear:
M'Gerada classical guitar (first crappy guitar)
Epiphone Les Paul 100 (sold)
Laney 15w SS (sold)
Cheapo Aldi Acoustic
Pocket Pod (borken)
Ibanez RGR421
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q