By RHCP- that song is a downright hoss right hand workout to play all the way through- my forearm is burning.

And also, I'm auditioning for a band on bass 2 weeks from now- any suggestions to make myself stand out?
yeah it takes some endurance good practice tho, what does the band play?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by mattocaster99
By RHCP- that song is a downright hoss right hand workout to play all the way through- my forearm is burning.

And also, I'm auditioning for a band on bass 2 weeks from now- any suggestions to make myself stand out?

With or without a pick? If you're doing it with your fingers, yeah, its rough. I've never gotten more than ~1 and a half minutes with my fingers. And I suck with a pick. lol

If you're auditioning for a band, do they already have songs? Learn them if you can get recordings or something. Also, be nice, but not a pushover.
fingerstyle- I usually have to take a break halfway through.

It's a split-off project with 3 of the guys from this band- www.myspace.com/gtaoutlet

But it's gonna be harder and edgier with more classic rock influence
To be honest, the only thing you should ever be at an audition is yourself. Whenever I've tried out musicians for various bands I've been in, I've always been more impressed by the people who have a good, natural energy and aren't there to show off. If they're serious, they won't be looking for the best player, but the person they feel they can spend all those gruelling hours practicing with, and someone who will add to the sound- being yourself is the only real and tue way you will stand out in an audition.
I suck with a pick, so what I do when I play this song, is I use my fingernail as a pick and can alternate pick with that technique a million times better than I can with a real pick!
Ya, PUniverse is a big right hand workout. Spent a couple of days a while back working through it and finally got it with fingers. Haven't tried to play the whole thing in a while though. Could play it with a pick, but it feels awkward.

As for the audition, stick with what Delirium said.

But what style do they play, jw?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I actually prefer the attack of a pick on that song, and I guess Flea does too. And +1 to Delirium, don't try to be something you're not. Who knows what you might get stuck into.
for the overall style I'd say pop-punk kind of sound but a lot more musical complexity and drive
Quote by ccmetz2020
I suck with a pick, so what I do when I play this song, is I use my fingernail as a pick and can alternate pick with that technique a million times better than I can with a real pick!

'
thats what he does

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....