i'm starting a new band. i'm trying to go for a doom metal meets stoner metal. imagine pelican meets kyuss. i know how to work on the kyuss tone but i don't know where to start on the doom metal tone. i don't imagine it being too far off from the stoner metal tone.
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
get a Marshall MG. it has
CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!!
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
That joke is seriously getting old.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by BMXfreak000
get a Marshall MG. it has
CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!!

are you serious?

i played that at a guitar center

****tiest half stack i've eve played

i could actually crank it

if i can crank a stack to 11

there's a problem
depending on what type of doom metal you are into, baritone guitars are good, or lower tunings. A very deep tone that has lots of bass, good amount of mids, and a fair amount of treble is needed. The middle is needed so as to balance the bass of the lower tunings. Lots of distortion with a large amount of sustain is wanted, and for the cleaner parts, using your neck pickup adds somewhat of a darker tone, what ever you do, do not drop the mids. Dropping the mids will kill your sound and make it very muddy, at these lower registers on a guitar, that would sound horrible. Good luck on getting that awesome doom tone. \m/
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
Quote by jazzman07
or lower tunings./

yea i thought about tuning down

like drop b

but i dunno if that's low enough
The studio I go to always has these goth kids playing there... Anyway they have their Mesa Boogies turned towards a wall, with mics behind it, this way the sound goes off of the wall and into the mic (I guess) . I can't really comment on it much because I haven't tried it myself, but I can ask them more if you want...
Wow, I'd really like to hear what your band sounds like. It seems like a good combination if you can pull it off. Anyway, consider getting a Big Muff and a dark British-voiced amp.
Quote by toha33
Wow, I'd really like to hear what your band sounds like. It seems like a good combination if you can pull it off. Anyway, consider getting a Big Muff and a dark British-voiced amp.

dude i'll let you know when i get a few of them recorded