Quote by 877O
I was looking at the Ibanez rg420eg guitar ( http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG420EG ), I like the look of it(the spider one) but is it worth the money or is there something better I can get for that price?
I play mostly metal and rock

thanks

Well, it has integrated EMG's, so their not even the real thing. and then theirs the Edge III, if you know how to work one, then go for it, if you dont, then plan on spending some time reading a book or watching some videos on how to tune that sh*t. I personally think it looks cool, and I am all for Ibanez, I own one myself, love it.

But for that price, I would look into Schecter or ESP, They give you real EMG's and an amazing price, plus, NO EDGE III. Heres an ok ESP for the price...
http://www.music123.com/ESP-M-200FM-Electric-Guitar-516679-i1149043.Music123

and as far as schecter, they have loads of guitars at that price range. But dont just buy a guitar cause it looks cool, it's all about the way it feels, the way it plays, and the way it make you say Uhhhhh, Na NA na NA!
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
ya i just read about edge III i didnt know it wasn't good
wasn't sure about the pickups either thats why i asked but ill look into the others you mentioned (i don't want to get something that everyone hates, already bought a spider III 120w amp then all of a sudden everyone says it sucks.)
I was looking at a Schecter guitar in a pawn shop today I think it was the Damien FR.
they were selling it for 500 but my cousin works there and said he can sell it for 400.
I'm not sure if buying one from a pawn shop is a good idea, though.

thanks a lot
Quote by 877O
ya i just read about edge III i didnt know it wasn't good
wasn't sure about the pickups either thats why i asked but ill look into the others you mentioned (i don't want to get something that everyone hates, already bought a spider III 120w amp then all of a sudden everyone says it sucks.)
I was looking at a Schecter guitar in a pawn shop today I think it was the Damien FR.
they were selling it for 500 but my cousin works there and said he can sell it for 400.
I'm not sure if buying one from a pawn shop is a good idea, though.

thanks a lot

Pawn shops are very iffy, but if you play it and play with the tone and volume and nothing cracks or makes stange noise, your good to go, as long as the neck is straight, but schecter's have pretty good electronics in them, and that FR means it has a nice little trem on there. way easier to deal with the Edge, but i have met a handfull of people who love working with the Edge, so more power to them. Plus, havnt seen a schecter yet that didnt look sexy as hell, lol.
Quote by pmeg568c

Quote by visa
oh i didn't realize the prices went down i guess they need to update them on schecters site the damien 6 (without trem) is only 400
would you recommend buying that or
the ESP M-200FM which has a trem, no? I didn't think it mattered whether it had one or not , I have one on my starter guitar I just don't use it. :S
Quote by 877O
oh i didn't realize the prices went down i guess they need to update them on schecters site the damien 6 (without trem) is only 400
would you recommend buying that or
the ESP M-200FM which has a trem, no? I didn't think it mattered whether it had one or not , I have one on my starter guitar I just don't use it. :S

Well, if you use the trem, like if you do a lot of solo's and drops, then i would say, go with the trem, cause both of them are pretty easy to understand. A plus for the Schecter is it has actuall EMG's and the ESP has an integrated version of it. Like, a moch, but it's still pretty nice. But play wise, i think they are kind of similar. Also, the schecter is a Bolt on neck, and the ESP is a neck thru, which is better, im not sure, some say the bolt on is better cause of vibration reasons, tonallity and all, but as for the neck thru, if the neck bends, or cracks, you have to buy a whole new guitar, but as long as you take care of your guitar, you wont have any problems like that. I own an ESP, so i would say go with that, but i have never really hammered down on a schecter, so it's a biased opinion at this point.
Quote by pmeg568c

Quote by visa
I saw that guitar in a store and I wanted to get it just by looking for afar. But as I came closer then saw the edge III, the guitar was a no no.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
I saw that guitar in a store and I wanted to get it just by looking for afar. But as I came closer then saw the edge III, the guitar was a no no.

Haha, they should just call Edge III Uh Oh's
Quote by pmeg568c

Quote by visa