Can someone please help me create a bass solo that I have to do in jazz band? I've tried Bb pentatonic moving positions, but want to do something better than that.

Below is a picture of the part I have to solo at, plus a link to the guitar pro if you want to hear it. The rest of the instruments stay in Bb, by the way.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ojdwgsqisg

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
I did something like this on the guitar. What I did is I just played around in the same key. In my case it was D Minor. Or, make it fun with modes 'n such.

These are just ideas that I came up with really quick. I don't know much music theory.
How good is your knowledge of the fretboard and keys? If you can confidently move around out side of box patterns then I'd suggest just playing around with with Eb major.

~Taydr~
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
I did that also but it sounded pretty bad.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Then work on phrasing. I'd also recommend getting hold of a chord chart if possible and structure your solo upon the chord changes.

~Taydr~
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
check out joe henderson, even though it would take a while to master, but he uses chord tones and different modes within the same key to take the music different places, i.e, using a dorian, then playing a leading note, or chromatics and switching to a phrygian. it takes a bit to get efficient at, but its worth it. also, try just walking between implied changes whils staying within that key i.e in c major, playing c maj, d min, e min, f maj, g 7, etc, and whilst doing so, pull of every second or so note whilst swinging it hard as ****, that'll impress jazz heads if done correctly. whatever you do, make sureyour playing implied changes, and not to get too 'out', because typical peoples ears dont like bass players that do that. hope that helped.