With a small budget and a desire for tube tone, I recently purchased a Palomino v8 used off ebay to be my first tube amp. It arrived today, is in great shape and sounds good.

However, one thing I did notice is that when the volume is turned up past 5 or so, the pilot light will flicker and even die when playing hard. The sound remains unchanged, but regardless this has happened both times I've fired up the amp so far.

At low volumes it works just fine, even with the gain dimed. I won't be able to try it out anymore tonight, but I'll check back again tomorrow to see if the problem continues. Also, I'm going to contact the seller to see if they've had this problem before.

What could be causing this, is it fixable, and could it be a sign of a more serious problem? Any help is appreciated.
Fender Satin Strat MIM
Crate Palomino v8
Ibanez GAX+starter amp
Fender G-dec 15
Does that amp by chance run on natural gas?

/joke

Could be a problem with the wiring.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Saw the exact same problem in a Fender combo just a couple of days ago.

It's probably the spring contact inside the pilot light socket. If it's not putting enough pressure on the bottom of the bulb then it can vibrate when the amp is turned up, causing the lamp to flicker.

Turn off the amp and unplug it from the wall socket. Remove the jewel lens and pull out the bulb. Get a pair of long nose pliers and pull gently on the center contact pad, stretching the spring. Shouldn't need to pull it more than a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. Put the bulb back in, screw on the jewel lens, and give it a shot. If that doesn't fix it then you might need to replace the socket.
I'll give this a try and tell you how it turns out. Thanks for the advice!
Fender Satin Strat MIM
Crate Palomino v8
Ibanez GAX+starter amp
Fender G-dec 15