The Gaming Thread is apparently too involved in MGO to pay any attention to anyone, so I'll try the Pit in general.

A while ago, I had to wipe my hard drive so I could upgrade my CPU, and I've been reinstalling my games.

I've installed Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos without any trouble, and I've been playing it for a while. However, today, I tried installing the Frozen Throne expansion.

As it installs, it gets about 1/3 the way through, then it gets to the file "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\War3x.mpq".

At this file, the installation freezes, and cannot continue any further. I can't cancel the installation, and the only way to close the installation window is Alt+Ctrl+Del it. When I do this, it completely uninstalls Warcraft III, including the original game.

Is there a way to fix this?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I'm pretty sure you don't have to install reign of chaos if all you wanna play is online
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
The computer solved your problem for you. It deleted the game altogether. Now call a hot girl and go on a date or call a bassist and drummer and go jam.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
yes you have to have RoC to install TFT...i had the same problem..checked websites and forums for about 2 weeks...i ended up just torrenting the disk image
Quote by actaderock
probably you dont have the original CD

It's the original CD, straight from the retailer.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by philipp122
The computer solved your problem for you. It deleted the game altogether. Now call a hot girl and go on a date or call a bassist and drummer and go jam.

now, mister, why do you assume hes a guitar player? he could be a bass player. or a drummer.

but back to ts, just torrent the whole thing, its worked for me in the past.
The installation disk could be damaged...Try exploring the CD and copy + paste all the files onto a new folder on to your desktop...If it fails to copy then that is your problem most likely.
Quote by assparade69
now, mister, why do you assume hes a guitar player? he could be a bass player. or a drummer.

but back to ts, just torrent the whole thing, its worked for me in the past.

I do all three, in three different bands

And I'll look into torrenting it.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by assparade69

I'm sorry .

Go call some buddies and jam then! I don't care if you play the 12-string trupombonetophone with bagpipe attachment, stay away from the video game! :P
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401