I've seen a lot of threads about great guitar players, but somehow nobody ever mentions Paco de Lucia. Need proof of his awesomeness? Here you go:

Paco de Lucia- Almoraima

Am I the only one who thinks he doesn't get his due as one of the best guitar players ever?
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

yeah he's one of the greatest guitar players of all time, but I don't think flamenco is very big on this board.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah is is pretty awesome, but as mentioned, not to many people are into that style
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Almost everyone on this forum is into metal so not many people are into him. But yeah he is one of the best ever.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
I've heard his named mentioned many times. especially when talking about Jazz and Pat Metheny.

But yeah, almost everyone here play electric guitar, a-guitar players are naturally not as well-known or revered.
Wow thanks for introducing me to this guy.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
He is cool, he looks like a mixture of the vocalist in Sweet and Reverend Horton Heat.
...What!?
Yeah, Paco De Lucia is amazing.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
I only know him from the Life Aquatic soundtrack. That one song is pretty badass though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I'm spanish, so I've known about him for just about ever. Also check out "Entre Dos Aguas" which is just fantastic.

I also saw him play live last year. It was at a venue where you could see the screen from outside the fences. So we just hung out outside and drank and watched him play. It was amazing. He was playing with a bassist who had a 6-string bass and at one point in time this guy started to play the bass in the flamenco style, just as if it were a flamenco guitar. It was ridiculous.