Ok now i have been thinking about getting a new guitar for a long time. this guitar is pretty good and in my price range.

in Australia it costs about $600 so that's pretty good. I was just wondering what you guys thought of this guitar like quality wise. I play mainly rock and metal some bands like metallica, iron maiden, some black sabbath, The White Stripes but i also play stuff that i hear and like on the radio. but i am mainly looking for a heavy rock guitar.

also if you think i should buy another guitar please name it. It must be in the same price range obviously and of better or equal quality obviously.

so yea tell me what you think.
sirAbe
Last edited by sirAbe at Jul 13, 2008,
no go for jackson
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
suggestion of a certain guitar maybe...not just a brand...
Quote by sirAbe
Ok now i have been thinking about getting a new guitar for a long time. this guitar is pretty good and in my price range.

in Australia it costs about $600 so that's pretty good. I was just wondering what you guys thought of this guitar like quality wise. I play mainly rock and metal some bands like metallica, iron maiden, some black sabbath, The White Stripes but i also play stuff that i hear and like on the radio. but i am mainly looking for a heavy rock guitar.

so yea tell me what you think.
sirAbe

I lucked out since I scored it for $200 with a Fender HSC that sells for $140 at MF and GC. I haven't done the Aus$ to US$.

I love mine, specially with the upgraded DiMarzio Breed in the bridge. Very warm lows, authoritative mids, and smoother highs ... not as trebly as the Evo and definitely not as sharp. The amazing thing is, for such an inexpensive MII guitar, this minor PU upgrade makes it such a stealth weapon - doesn't get muddy like the typical PAFs.

Quote by devit
no go for jackson

His sig pretty much said it. It's a nice guitar.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

i've had it for more than a year now. had no problems yet. its pretty good.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
a jackson in the same price range would probably suck major balls... dont hate cause you're teh gheyz0rz
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
The RG321 is a very solid guitar for the price. It has a nice solid body and neck. The string thru and hardtail bridge give it lots of sustain and the PUP's are decent. I think with a PUP change it is a very nice guitar.
Well I have had numerous problems with mine, I suggest getting it from a shop as opposed to online so that you have some face to face customer service if something goes wrong. The neck on mine seems to change just by looking at it and as soon as I manage to get rid of the fret buzz by taking it to a luthier it comes back after a week when someone sneezes near it. I think I just have bad luck tbh but there ya go
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I have it. Solid guitar. Nothing extra ordinary but in its price range its one of the best. Although you could look for sa120.. same price range but has a tremolo.

Check action and stuff when buying.
Ibanez RG321MH - Royal Blue = sexness
It's good,but don't expect it to sound like a les paul.The bodies on LPs are thick for a reason.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
try the Yamaha rgxa2 its meant to be really like but have the sustain of a les paul due to a intuative new design.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
It is a good guitar for it's price, and it's suitable for the music you mentioned. The humbuckers have a high output and sound very clear, nice for rock and metal. Anyway, remember to try it out before buying, as you can't know if you'll like it before.