guys kind of need some help here. I'm trying to play "send the pain below" by chevelle and i want to tune to drop b. could u tell me how? and is it ok for me to do it becasue i hear it causes alot of tension.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
It actually makes a lot less tension, and your strings will probably buzz a lot
Its probably like C# standard with a B for the low note
B C# G# E B F# C#
just a guess
EDIT: get heavy guage strings (.12+)
Last edited by SpelChek at Jul 13, 2008,
Ive seen wierd tunings, like Audioslave's "gasoline" that drop only the low E all the way to B. everything else is standard. odd
Yeah you need to install higher gauge strings. Is that your only guitar? it would be a pain if you change gauge only just to play that song then put new ones to play on standard.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I'd try it first.... I personally get no buzz going that low (Which is odd... But hey, I like that!

If you dont have a tuner search for the tuning thread.... Its in there.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by Th6r6a6sH
Ive seen wierd tunings, like Audioslave's "gasoline" that drop only the low E all the way to B. everything else is standard. odd

Yeah that's called "Drop B". What everyone in this thread is referring to is "Drop D and one and a half steps down"! Use correct terminology people!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Yeah that's called "Drop B". What everyone in this thread is referring to is "Drop D and one and a half steps down"! Use correct terminology people!

Look at what inexperienced people teach others.

Would you really take the time out of your day to spell out "Drop D one and a half steps down" when you can take an incorrect term like "Drop B" to use? Even though incorrect, thats what we assocaite Drop B with anyway
Should be fine, just a little buzz. I Drop my E all the way to A sometimes for a Radiohead song.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

the correct terminology of what your saying

e
b
g
d
a
b

is called B Low

so use correct terminology lol sorry man had to correct ya lol
Quote by bobeatsbob
Should be fine, just a little buzz. I Drop my E all the way to A sometimes for a Radiohead song.

No wai?
Try 1010011010 by cog. Thats the weirdest tuning i ever saw.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T