Okay so i decided to pick up my Nintendo 64 i bought in 96 and legend of Zelda Ocarina of time which i bought back in 98. Now these things works completely (yay!) The reason i did this was becouse all the memories i have from the game, like the scary monsters you guys mentioned in a thread.

But theres one problem. I have a 28' LCD HD ready TV. When i plug the Nintendo beauty into it i get this kinda lag while playing, while having some buzzy kinda graphic. Is there some ways to fix this or is simply my Nintendo not compitable with todays technology? Please i really wanna fix this so i can get trough the Great Deku tree in Ocarina of time again Did the whole game tousands of times before and it never gets old.
...What!?
im pretty sure you could screw around with your TV's video settings to make it work better. Try lowering the screen resolution to the lowest (instead of 1080i or 1080P)
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Yea maybe that could work, im currently at 1080i, so i should turn it down to 720, or 480? Do you think this would get rid of the lag as well?
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
Yea maybe that could work, im currently at 1080i, so i should turn it down to 720, or 480? Do you think this would get rid of the lag as well?

Probably. I know jack **** about HD lcd screens but my guess is it's upconverting the image from the n64 to 1080i resulting in slight delays.
I know that some games have a progressive scan (i think its called) that reduces the lag, but i think that its because of the HD
Okay thanks guy, i'll check it out. Thanks!

And another note: My controllers are all ****ed up, i can't even walk with Link The joysticks are so worn out, do i have to buy new ones or is there some way to make the joysticks more usable?
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
Okay thanks guy, i'll check it out. Thanks!

And another note: My controllers are all ****ed up, i can't even walk with Link The joysticks are so worn out, do i have to buy new ones or is there some way to make the joysticks more usable?

Probably dust in the joystick receiver. You could probably find one on ebay for real cheap though.
Nah Ebay is expensive if their gonna ship all the way here :p It's not dusty, the joysticks just feel so loose after years of playing.
...What!?
I would be playing Donkey Kong 64 right now but I need that thing that goes inside the system.

EDIT: The memory thing.

Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
You might be able to squirt some WD-40 or take it apart and use contact cleaner.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by andrew12398
I would be playing Donkey Kong 64 right now but I need that thing that goes inside the system.

EDIT: The memory thing.

expansion pack

as far as lag, i don't think that there should be lag, are you plugging the n64 into HD inputs or audio video inputs?

if you have them in the HD inputs, congrats, idk how you got it to play through those lol.

but try playing with the resolution, if that doesn't work, try turning it off and back on?

As for the joysticks, you can probably take the controller apart and clean out dust, very easy.
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
turn down your resolution, set your aspect ratio to 4:3 not 16:9
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
I hooked up my 64 like a week ago.
I suddenly felt an urge to play Banjo Tooie.
It's awesome.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal