would you suggest for a sound in between heavy and in your face.
(I just tried some Ernie Balls but, they definitely aren't for me.)
Quote by IndianRockStar
Rotosound Swing Bass 66. Others will agree with me.

thank you
Try some Elites.

Although I would say that your bass and eq has a far greater effect on your punch and power, but whatever.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
GHS or D'Addario
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I also use Roto Swing 66's.

I bought the heavier gauge to make it a pit easier to play faster, I neglected to remember its a bit harder on the fretting hand though :P .
rotos. they make me happy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
hey i've also been looking at roto's and i was wondering whether they are all tapered at the end?
member of the Australia FTW! group (pm the random hero or alter bridge to join (aussies only)
Quote by IndianRockStar

i pledge my agreement to you
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Ernie Ball Bass strings are my favorite, but I guess they werent for you. After that I guess I would go with either Thomastik Infelds or Elixirs.
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
Swing 66 or Elites Stadiums, there both very decent strings I like them both equally
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by IndianRockStar

I would be a member of others. While more expensive than some, they last longer. Wonderful sound.
I saw a guy at Mayhem Festival with a DR Strings shirt. I thought it was cool even though I don't use the strings
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Really? They're quite a bit more than Ernie Balls for me and a little bit more than D'Addario.

Whoops, my bad. They are a bit more expensive than D'Addarios. But they cost me the same as Ernie Balls. I either buy from MF or Ebay. On Ebay there is some money to be saved, but if I'm buying other stuff like patch cables and whatnot, I go with MF.
Correction, if only MF shipped more stuff to Canada and in Quebec.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
If only MF shipped more than a pittance of stuff to Canada I'd be rolling in the dough. Even eBay usually saves me nothing when you add shipping.

Thats what you get with your ****ing dollar and all that. There are no sites in Canada?

I am also going to vouch for Rotosound Swing 66 strings.
Today i put a year old set of these on my jazz and they where still brighter than the stock fender strings which i have been using for a few weeks. Mind you i have boiled them, but this was a while back now.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Honestly, buy Rotosounds and never look back. Most people eventually end up turing over to Rotosounds at some point and sticking with them. They've been in the business the longest, and they really do make the best, longest lasting string. I've tried fender strings and 2 sets of each: Ernieball hybrids, DR hi-beams, and D'addario's. Roto's stay sounding good for the longest amount of time BY FAR.
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.