Page 1 of 2
Let me clear this up a bit. What music do you like/listen to that is completely opposite from the music that you normal listen to?

My favorite type of music is metal but I prefer non-screaming metal (Metallica, Black Tide, Trivium's "the crusade" among others). But every once in a while I'll get into something that just blows people's minds, but it is something that doesn't happen very often. Lately its been KT Tunstall and my friends are just stunned when I play her stuff in my car.

So, without hating/bashing others, would you all like to share similar experiences of enjoying music that is out of your musical norm?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I like the sounds of donkeys getting it on.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Motown and soul is the fucking bollocks. Seriously, that and funk music is amazing.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Tom Waits, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder. But there is a thread just like this.

has no signature.
Quote by 11223344554433
Tom Waits, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder. But there is a thread just like this.

i searched but didnt find anything. sorry about that ladies/gentleguys...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Normally I listen to either Prog Metal, Prog Rock, Black Metal, and Death Metal.

Big influences for me come from Dark Ambient and Celtic and Scandinavian Folk Music, which I listen to frequently. Post-Rock's become a big music thing I like lately...as well as shred.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Bulgarian Wedding Music.

Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
I like mathcore, it's weird to me.
I like underground rap like Immortal Technique aswell...
My main tastes being Metalcore - BROOTAL DEFF METL.
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
I usually listen to rock, punk, metal and alternative music, but lately I've been listening to some blues, a lot of funk, some electrofunk and dance. I LOVE IT! *dances*

Oh yeah, +1 on the Weird Al
I think the extent I love Ayumi Hamasaki's music always amazed people, when most people generally know me to like rock/metal.

But people sort of know now that I like pretty much everything, so I think it's lost it's weirdness. (when I say everything, alot of mainstream hip hop is excluded, but not quite all)
Quote by Rock_Rebel
I usually listen to rock, punk, metal and alternative music, but lately I've been listening to some blues, a lot of funk, some electrofunk and dance. I LOVE IT! *dances*

If you mean Trance, then yay.

Edit: When I heard Electric Feel by MGMT I was pretty shocked that I liked it.
Aya Hirano.

Keep in mind, I can't speak Chinese, and I rarely ever listen to pop stuff. Lots of her stuff has kickass guitar, though.
I usually listen to Dream Theater and Coheed and Cambria, but lately I've been listening to Kings of Leon. It's not a drastic change, but it's at least a change of genre.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Quote by joshua029
i searched but didnt find anything. sorry about that ladies/gentleguys...

I did a thread like this a while ago, but it's cool.

I have the entire works of Alan Menken (composer for all the classic Disney movies) on my iTunes. My main tastes are METAL FUCK YEAH
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I like serialism and minimalism. Something is strangely calming about listening to that kinda stuff.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
well, I listen to many diffrent genres that conflict with each other and the opinions of my friends.
rock
alt.
punk
blues
metal(and its many varieties)
world
hip-hop
electronica/dance
reggae
ska
Wierd Al
and classical.......bite me
With many reprasentatives of each genre on my ipod
I have nothing unique or funny to put here.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Aya Hirano.

Keep in mind, I can't speak Chinese, and I rarely ever listen to pop stuff. Lots of her stuff has kickass guitar, though.

Aya Hirano is Japanese...
Most of my stuff blends in with the other, my bro likes Mainstream rap (therefore I have to stand it on the drive to school) but if you put his iPod on Random, you'll find James Blunt, Micheal Buble, Frank Sinatra(SP), ect ect ect
Experimental music, so John Frusciante. Seriously, anyone who has heard Niandra Ladies and Usually Just A T-Shirt or Smile From The Streets You Hold will understand.
I like lots of stuff, but primarily music that is fairly outside of the mainstream, i.e. punk, 90's emo, lesser known rap artists and stuff like that. In general, I don't care too much for pop music. However, I have a soft spot for cheesy 80's pop music.
kill all humans
im mostly into late 80s to mid 90s alternative rock, but lately ive been really liking jazz, been listening to weather report and jaco pastorius, and man jazz is awesome
nothing.
Quote by Andrew128900
Nothing is weird for me since I love almost all music.

....Except mainstream rap...

^^Your da man

Anyway, i like punk music and i always get into some trance.
erm, i dont know really, i listen to a lot of different stuff, but lately I've been getting into stuff like dillinger escape plan, between the buried and me, fall of troy, protest the hero

some of my friends get it, others think it's wierd.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
The only thing out of my musical norm is country music.

I'll probably give anything else a listen.

I suppose musically odd I listen to Noise, and Noisecore, Breakcore etc
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I like classical music.. And im into Fear Factory, Iron Maiden and Primus lol
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

i don't have a musical norm to start with.

i listen to practically anything, lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
From my point of view, nothing doesn't mesh. It's all just controlled noise meant to either 1) express an emotion/sentiment/message, or 2)make a buck. If it's in 1), I like it.

However, everyone who meets me gets this look on their face like I punched them in the jaw when they find out I'm actually a blues fan...
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by Ergin
Gary Moore

+1 Although Blues I wouldn't consider Odd music.

I'm mostly Classic Rock/Blues/Thrash Metal. But I do like Michael Jackson...
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
huge extreme metal fan and i do listen to classical on the odd occasion

i can see many similarities between the genres
Quote by darkstar2466
Leniency? In the metal forum? This is unheard of. People get massacred here for just walking by.
Page 1 of 2