which is best to learn 1st and any tips..I'm trying to make it my goal to learn finger picking or whatever so i can make some awesome tunes lol..really. thanks!
LOL
i would fingerpicking cuz its a lil easier imo and itll give u a solid foundation 4 learning hybrid picking latr
fingerpicking would put you in the classical genre and acoustic stuff. if you ever want to go back to normal picking i would suggest hybrid
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Start with fingerpicking and emerse yourself in a lot of different music.
Dorkus.
Fingerpicking and then when you feel comfortable with fingerpicking, learn hybrid picking. It'll only help.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
picking with your fingers and pick, it's like finger picking, but you don't have to put a pick down and you can switch to alternate picking/sweeping/distortion/whatever without losing the feel from fingerpicking. Plus, you can use the pick as a kind of beat going dun-dun-dun-dun (4/4) while the open fingers play an arpeggiated chord.

At least, those are my main uses for it

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Ohh,

Ahh, i thought i wouldn't get it, but.. no.. that sounds cool :]

I still need to learn/understand arpeggios, i don't get em in the slightest... even the lessons i just sit there staring at the screen like... wah..?
Ehh, they're pretty easy once you get the method down.

It's all in picking hand, or in this case fingers.

I usually sit down and practice a random chord progression fingerpicked to get stamina, and if I'm not playing I sit with my right hand just twiddling like I was fingerpicking air.

Quote by eggsandham2