in solo's for blues, metal, and shred what kind of delay and/or effect do you prefer? i play many genres from blues, to the metuls, to funk?

i just want to have a good idea on which pedals to try out and stuff.

also combinations would be very helpful
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Volume booster, so you can actually be heard over the rest of your band.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
all you need is wah. and then make the noises when you play and the ladies will love you
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
depends. nothing is prefered, but wah is kindof cool most of the time if you know how to use it. phaser can sound cool too
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
ok well to konkord, i dont always play with my band. i dont enjoy playing that stuff as much as the stuff i play at home.

so wah...hmmm i should get one
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Is reverb considered an effect anymore? It's probably the best thing you can have...

Next would be Delay.

Then Wah.

MAYBE some slight compressor to boost some sounds and mess with some others.
Quote by nick_b
all you need is wah. and then make the noises when you play and the ladies will love you

heh heh, oh yeah. the ladies.

anywho, +1
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
i bought a bad monkey and it's pretty awesome. i have a tube amp that i play through, so the bad monkey i have on all the time to tighten up my sound, and then for the solos i kick on my ds-1 for that extra distorted push
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
i love using a fuzz pedal mixed with a wah!
its rather beutifull sound x3

volume booster would be good too mate! even if u play alone that way u couldlet ur mum hear it xD

Wah, delay and a phaser
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

lol fortunately playing with my roland 20x is far loud enough in my house so volume pedal is umm not necessary. but what do you think would be the best wah in terms of usability, reliability, and price?
is there like a wah where you dont have to push it real hard with your foot on the little switch just to activate it and do it again to deactivate it? maybe one that starts on your normal tone and as you step further the wah comes?
and a boost
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by slayer_zero
lol fortunately playing with my roland 20x is far loud enough in my house so volume pedal is umm not necessary. but what do you think would be the best wah in terms of usability, reliability, and price?
is there like a wah where you dont have to push it real hard with your foot on the little switch just to activate it and do it again to deactivate it? maybe one that starts on your normal tone and as you step further the wah comes?

Of course. Ever heard of morley wahs?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
Of course. Ever heard of morley wahs?

mm alrite thanks. its not that im like a noob or anything its just that i actually owned a wah before. i forget which one it was but i had a horrible experience with it. radio frequencies were picked up constantly, the switch never goddam clicked and the pedal was poorly waxed making it creak every time i step on it.
I only need a 3-band equalizer, Tubescreamer, reverb and delay to create any type of solo sound I want.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Distortion/Overdrive.

Boss DS-2 Distortion on setting 2 with everything at 12 o'clock. Then just play with tone and you can get some good leads.
Gear(Sucks):
Aria STG Series Strat
Yamaha F310P Acoustic
BOSS DS-2 Distortion.
RMS 10 Watt Practice Amp

Wishlist:
New guitar
Brawl: 2578 4543 4918
Fuzz and Flanger and sprinkle in OD to taste.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
a wah.........the weeping demon would be a good choice. it has a step on step off feature. plus you can dail up the boost for solos and it's built like a tank.
Quote by slayer_zero

Just mentioning, a volume pedal does not make your guitar louder. It is like your guitar pot in a wah enclosure. Quite good for some effects.

But for solos, I mainly just use my TS-808 and occasionally my wah as a filter. Always use reveb aswell.