ok i know there are all kinds of attenuators out there, but there is one lingering question that i have before i invest in one. Basically these things go inbetween the speakers and the amp(combo) or the cab and the head for a stack etc.

if the attenuator dies on me, does this mean there is no longer a connection from the speakers and amp? just worried IF the attenuator failed would that equal my amp frying.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
you know that is a really good question.

have you read up on the Tedweber.com site?

my only guess is that these attenuators are more mechanically inclined and somewhat passive and I highly doubt one would go bad but what do i know. Your chances of having a blown tube or tripping over your cable are much higher I would think.

PS. I'm not an expet here and don't own one, so bump and discuss.
^You're right. As lon as the attenuator can take the amp, it's cool I think! If you have an attenuator with a bypass (like Webers) if it were to die, you can just bypass it!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yes they can, if you exceed their wattage rating, something can heat up and melt, burn, etc... I remember hearing about it with the Marshall powerbrake, where the solder joints at the input jack would melt if the unit got too hot, resulting in an open load. No load = dead output transformer on the amp. I'm sure if you drive the Weber unit too hard above it's wattage rating, the same thing could happen, since it's using an actual speaker motor.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^It can, you should have it rated at 1,5 times the amp's wattage.

However, I have owned my Weber for a long time and there's been no problems (except knob spinning a bit, so the numbers don't aline on the volume control). Also, just make sure it's rated at safe wattage and you're fine!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

It took me 2-3 weeks or so I think. It was over a year ago and I don't remember sorry.

My tip is to email Weber and ask.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by yoyodunno
Gabel how long did it take for you to get ur weber? Cause its been two weeks since i ordered mine and i don't know whats up, or how much longer i gotta wait.

it took about 2-3 weeks for mine, but i ordered a 50w version then changed the order to a 100w one, give them an email and ask if its been posted yet