I keep my guitars in standard and sometimes i tune them to drop c or drop d for about a day. But now i plan to keep my guitar in drop c for a lil more. Could this bow my neck or something?
Right now i'm using 9s i think, i dont know exactly, they came with my guitar. I want to change them to 10s asap, but can it do any harm?
Thanks.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by XianXiuHong
I've no idea how you can play in Drop C with .9s

But you'll probably have to make slight truss rod adjustments

Thats why i want to change them to 10s asap. Adjustments...I'll have to check on it if it bows even just a tiny bit. Thanks.
Quote by stinger12345
You're not going to get enough tension with .10s on your strings, I'll tell you that, I'd recommend in investing in a few packs of .12s or .14s if you're feeling brave.

You will have to make truss rod adjustments though if you upgrade from .9s to .12s
I'd like to "upgrade" my string gauges slowly tbh. But 'll see what i can do. Thanks one more time!
Quote by stinger12345
whatever you, do, get rid of the factory strings and never speak of them again.
I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
Try .11's i play them in Drop C and love them!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I've always though drop C was impossible for 0.10 but when I was selling my guitar, the buyer tuned down all the way there. I was dead silent.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

well you should relly use 12's for drop c, that should even out the tension so only slight adjustments will need to be made.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking