Now, before I say anything, I just want to make it clear that I absolutely hate Girls Aloud and that they are epic fail.

Okay, now listen to the second preview down on this page:

http://www.karaoke-version.com/en/mp3-backingtrack/girls-aloud/sound-of-the-underground.html

Now, the full song is awful dreadful pop crap, but I absolutely love the 50's surfer style guitar track. What kind of amp can produce this sound? I'm thinking about getting an Amplug too, are there any that sound like this?

Thanks - surf on
Quote by EJD
Now, before I say anything, I just want to make it clear that I absolutely hate Girls Aloud and that they are epic fail.

Okay, now listen to the second preview down on this page:

http://www.karaoke-version.com/en/mp3-backingtrack/girls-aloud/sound-of-the-underground.html

Now, the full song is awful dreadful pop crap, but I absolutely love the 50's surfer style guitar track. What kind of amp can produce this sound? I'm thinking about getting an Amplug too, are there any that sound like this?

Thanks - surf on

You fail, Girls Aloud are epic hot*

You want a nice clean amp with a bit of character, ideally a Fender, a strat on the bridge pickup and a little bit of slap back echo.

*yes, even the ginga
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 13, 2008,
Any amp will do,it's lots of spring reverb that you need.Most amp don't have enough reverb in them,so you can get a Fender reverb unit and plug it in your amp.They are expensive ($600) so you could get a reverb simulator like the one I got on my DigitechRP 350.I used it on a song called Roach Motel on my rock myspace page if you wanna check it out,it's pretty surfy sounding.
the typical surf sound is a fender jazzmaster/jaguar through a fender amp with LOTS of reverb. nothing more, nothing less.
Quote by SG thrasher
Golfclap to you sir.

nuff said.

ginga=win
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by The red Strat.
the typical surf sound is a fender jazzmaster/jaguar through a fender amp with LOTS of reverb. nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, you can get away with a Strat or Tele, or even a nice hollow body with a Bigsby, but the Fender Reverb series is a definite must. I do very well with a Strat and my Fender Deluxe Reverb. The amp is key. Both the tremolo and the reverb do very well for surf music.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Probs for that kinda sound you'd probs be aiming for a fender amp, through, ideally for the best sound, a mustang or jaguar although, a strat or tele would be OK.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by The red Strat.

I'd think there would be some tremolo in there too....
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by The red Strat.
not necessarily.

Yeah, but don't write it off either. I grew up listening to surf music with trem. Saying it's nothing more nothing less is a bit close minded. It's not necessarily a jazzmaster for guitar either...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by steven seagull
You fail, Girls Aloud are epic hot*

You want a nice clean amp with a bit of character, ideally a Fender, a strat on the bridge pickup and a little bit of slap back echo.

*yes, especially the ginga

Fixed
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Reincaster
Yeah, but don't write it off either. I grew up listening to surf music with trem. Saying it's nothing more nothing less is a bit close minded. It's not necessarily a jazzmaster for guitar either...

no, of course not, i said a jaguar too.

anyway, i said that was the stereotypical surf setup. not how it is with every surf band on earth

sure there will be surf bands that use trem aswell, and there are plenty that use strats and non-fender amps too. what i said was how the really stereotypical surf setup would be .

i'm off to put some ventures on
Thanks guys

While we're on this subject, anyone know where there are tabs? I tried here, but surprise surprise, there are no Girls Aloud tabs on UG
+1 to everyone tht said fender amp with decent reverb and an offset fender. I can get an okayish tone with my grail and jag. Also, flatwounds help, lots.