right now i have emg 81/85's that I had put in. but i really want a guitar that'll do cleans well and indie stuff. I wanna sell the emg's in it and put in some new pick ups which ones can you recommend for indie type stuff? so like good cleans and stuff.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
For the best possible cleans you'll either need vintage voiced, low output humbuckers or single coils. For humbuckers, try out some guitars with the Seymour Duncan SH-1 (also known as the '59 model). Installing single coils will be difficult, because your guitar's body is routed for humbuckers. The only single coils that would fit are humbucker sized P-90 single coils. You can get them from Seymour Duncan, too. Remember to try out guitars with P-90s before buying stuff though, to see if you like the sound.
for example of the kind of sound i want. I know most of it is dependent on the amp but i'm pretty sure different pick ups will help too being I have emg's.

I want a sound close to this band.

www.myspace.com/betweenthetrees
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
what is it with dumbasses and not knowing how to get cleans out of EMG's? christ all you have to do is roll off the volume knob........you people do know that EMG's were originally dsigned to produce clearer clean tones for blues?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
what is it with dumbasses and not knowing how to get cleans out of EMG's? christ all you have to do is roll off the volume knob........you people do know that EMG's were originally dsigned to produce clearer clean tones for blues?

You're so cool calling people dumb asses. I wanna be just like you.

by the way: Dumb ass is 2 separate words.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
You're so cool calling people dumb asses. I wanna be just like you.

by the way: Dumb ass is 2 separate words.

well i must be a lot cleverer than you if you dont even know how to get cleans out of EMG's
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
well i must be a lot cleverer than you if you dont even know how to get cleans out of EMG's

Maybe you are! Frankly I don't care.

But...maybe I don't feel like rolling down my guitar volume all the time just to do something?
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
Maybe you are! Frankly I don't care.

But...maybe I don't feel like rolling down my guitar volume all the time just to do something?

try some low output seymor duncans then, but why did you buy a schecter and a viper when you wanna sound indie?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by mrbungle50221
try some low output seymor duncans then, but why did you buy a schecter and a viper when you wanna sound indie?

Wasn't complaining about the Viper.

I said the schecter completely. I thought about it recently way after I got my schecter and upgraded it to emg's. I recently got the Viper and thought it's pretty pointless to have 2 guitars with the same pick ups even though the viper has a crunchier sound but I want one of my guitars to be a bit different sound wise.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
Wasn't complaining about the Viper.

I said the schecter completely. I thought about it recently way after I got my schecter and upgraded it to emg's. I recently got the Viper and thought it's pretty pointless to have 2 guitars with the same pick ups even though the viper has a crunchier sound but I want one of my guitars to be a bit different sound wise.

well a pickup change wont teally make it sound all that different, youd be better off selling the schecter and getting a Jackson (the RR3 cann do amazing cleans) or a Fender.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I'd put another battery in for the EMG's, apparently they're less compressed sounding.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I read on that, I don't have a guitar with EMG's but all you haft to do is wire it in series with the existing battery. Cheapest option so far