I have been having problems with fret buzz on my guitar for quite some time, everytime i get it repaired (which is costing me loads) it ends up coming back again within a few weeks (this time its because i changed the strings). I have a choice I can either go to Mansons and try and get it repaired there and pray that this is the last time i have to do it. Or I can try to sell it cheap and then save to buy something else (although that might be a while) I really want to learn to play but everytime i make a bit of progress this happens and it becomes unplayable. So... what should i do?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
raise your action. not so hard, could take all of 2 minutes
Yeah i finally got round to all this, so, what shall i put here?

*insert hillarious ego boosting qoute here*

THE GAME
you just lost it
lol dude i have tried that, I have raised it to the point that its unplayable and its still there, also i have loosened the russ rod but that just made the action at the middle of the neck really high so that sucked as well. It sucks cos after having it set up it was pretty nice (good action, no buzz) and as soon as i changed the strings it was bad again.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
did you try adjusting the bridge? It might be moving especially after changing strings.
Quote by icyfire
did you try adjusting the bridge? It might be moving especially after changing strings.

how do i do that exactly? I dont have a trem btw if its something to so with that.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Did you change the strings one by one? Take one off, put the new one on, etc... As compared to take them all off, then put new ones on...

If you change all your strings at once you'll get fret buzz from hell for a while.

Go read a guide to changing strings next time you change them... If it still f***s up, your guitar's the problem.
yes i did them one at a time. I then waited a day to see if the buzzing went away but it didnt. I will take it to mansons and see what they can do im just getting annoyed having to spend £40 every other week getting this thing sorted. I have spent £100 on it so far just getting it fixed and its broken again. I could have bought a far better guitar with all that money ya know so its just frustrating.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
get a new guitar...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
40 a time?

Sounds like your getting ripped off....Should be 25 at the most.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
40 a time?

Sounds like your getting ripped off....Should be 25 at the most.

well the nearest place to me that i know of is Mansons and they are very well known (make muse guitars) and as such expensive. I have also payed £70 for a fret dress and another £30 for a set up at a little shop in leicester who didnt actually fix it they just told me its a fault with the guitar lol (as if i didnt know that).
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube