Okay i recently bought a set of Ernie Ball regular slinky electric guitar strings and it got me wondering. What are the Best guitar strings out there?

Please discuss and advise. All comments welcome event any ridiculous mumbo jumbo.
I'm using D'Addario I think but I just buy whatever really. I don't think it matters what brand you use, the gauge is what will change your tone and whatnot. I've only been playing for four years though.
Well, I guess the right answer would be; whatever feels best for you.
I myself, prefer Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky (09-46) tuned at Eb standard.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Ernie Ball .11-.52

Keeping in mind there is no one 'best set of strings', but I'm personally not a huge fan of thin strings.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I have found:

Elixers: sound nice till they break, feel nice, don't rust, break easily, are expensive.

Ernie Ball: Sound nice, seem strong, cheap, start to rust after short time.

D'Addario: Sound nice, seem strong, cheap, don't rust as easily but do go dead after a while.
Fender MIM Strat
Stephens Design Mojos
Analogman Silver TS-9
Teese RMC 2 Wah
Blues Jr.
Microcube
Quote by Diggs
I have found:

Elixers: sound nice till they break, feel nice, don't rust, break easily, are expensive.

Ernie Ball: Sound nice, seem strong, cheap, start to rust after short time.

D'Addario: Sound nice, seem strong, cheap, don't rust as easily but do go dead after a while.

I`ve had a set of ernie balls (slinky 10s) for 6 months and they didnt rust and did't break (and i play hard....really hard sometimes)
For a long time i've been using D'Addario 11's but i find they seem to break to easily...As in i put a new set on about a month ago and was playing a gig with them last week and managed to break 2 (an A and a D) within the space of the gig!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
there is no "best" its all preference, and i think most of them are the same just repackaged as a different brand anyway, but i'm not sure which ones are the same, let alone whether what i've just said is true.

I use ernie ball regular slinky or super slinky sets, and GHS boomers.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I've been using Super Slinky's on my guitars so far,I just got a Fender Strat and decided to try Hybrid Slinky's in both of my guitars this time to try em' out. I have noticed how quick the Supers rust though which I really don't like.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Quote by twisty571
I've been using Super Slinky's on my guitars so far,I just got a Fender Strat and decided to try Hybrid Slinky's in both of my guitars this time to try em' out. I have noticed how quick the Supers rust though which I really don't like.

maybe its a climate thing, but i've never had a problem with ernie ball strings rusting.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
DR True Blues

Incredibly comfy for .11's.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah, it's just what you like.. just like everything else. I really like d'addario's
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by KidBARTLEY
What are rotosounds like? My bro said there are the best but im not sure.

I use roto 9s on my squier strat, it creates a very warm sound, they also feel very nice. An added bonus with rotos, well the ones I buy, is that they come with an extra high E string which is cool because High Es break rather easily and they're only £6.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
i use d'addario 10's but i tried my friends guitar with ernie balls and they were much stronger feeling, faster..idk. i think he uses 10's also...but i wanna try ernie ball now
D'addario, Elixir and Ernie Ball strings are typically common choices.

Elixir strings are coated, so they will feel a little weird, and probably sound at least slightly different, but I don't have confirmation on that. They usually last for a while without corroding as much as non-coated strings.

D'addario strings are.... "standard" strings? Easy to find, last well, come in environmentally friendly packages (!), and are an excellent choice.

Ernie Ball strings are pretty much the same as D'addario strings. I've heard things about them rusting more quickly/lasting for a shorter period of time than D'addarios, but I can't say exactly.
Well, I use and love D'Addario 10s, but to be fair I haven't tried a ton of different brands.

I do know that 9s snap like that under my fingers though.

EDIT: Also, the D'Addarios last me FOREVER. I can definately go months without breaking any.
Quote by Blompcube
maybe its a climate thing, but i've never had a problem with ernie ball strings rusting.

my high E after a month on my Ibanez it looks like crap and feels like crap. I do play it everyday off and on when I'm home.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
I dunno how many times I've responded to this kind of question. I've been playing for 16 years. I've used almost every brand string on the planet. I change my strings any where from 1-4 times a month (with times of heavy gigging, and times of just home/studio play)

When you compare "like" strings from different brands there is NO difference in response or tone. When someone pays a lot of money for something they want to believe it is a better product (sort of like when Gibson wants to sell more guitars they raise their prices kind of marketing).

When I buy strings now I buy by the box and whatever brand is the cheapest.

Some folks will disagree with me and thats ok.... it all goes back to the "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one"..... but I would challenge those folks to the Pepsi challenge! Take 4 similar guitars..... put their "preferred brand" on one, and three similar style strings of different brands on the other 3 and see if they (or anyone) could really tell the difference if they were not privy to what string was on which guitar... I think it would be an interesting experiment
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
I received a free pack of Dunlop Zakk Wylde Signature strings and I have to say they're the best strings I've ever used.. they don't rust as fast as ernie balls and they keep their punch and clarity longer than D'addarios. I must say they are really expensive so I'll probably just buy the normal dunlops from now on
Quote by brianthemayan
I dunno how many times I've responded to this kind of question. I've been playing for 16 years. I've used almost every brand string on the planet. I change my strings any where from 1-4 times a month (with times of heavy gigging, and times of just home/studio play)

When you compare "like" strings from different brands there is NO difference in response or tone. When someone pays a lot of money for something they want to believe it is a better product (sort of like when Gibson wants to sell more guitars they raise their prices kind of marketing).

When I buy strings now I buy by the box and whatever brand is the cheapest.

Some folks will disagree with me and thats ok.... it all goes back to the "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one"..... but I would challenge those folks to the Pepsi challenge! Take 4 similar guitars..... put their "preferred brand" on one, and three similar style strings of different brands on the other 3 and see if they (or anyone) could really tell the difference if they were not privy to what string was on which guitar... I think it would be an interesting experiment

the difference can be soooooooo big through a nice clean amp, i'm surprised you don't notice any differences between brands. but hey, whatever floats your boat !
Quote by The red Strat.
the difference can be soooooooo big through a nice clean amp, i'm surprised you don't notice any differences between brands. but hey, whatever floats your boat !

my main amps for years have been a Fender Twin and an AC30, don't know how you can get much more clean than that!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.